How do you fix your spiral-sliced ham? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you fix your spiral-sliced ham?

Last post Apr 10, 2004 9:59 AM by HiOnLife . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • How do you fix your spiral-sliced ham?
    Bought one yesterday to fix for Easter. Do you roast it like any other or how do you heat it?
    False
  • RE: How do you fix your spiral-sliced ham?
    With the pastic netting still on it. LOL! Actually, that IS what I did the first time I made one. It had a very fine plastic netting on it. I thought it was a string to hold it together, so I left it on. I had a great time trying to peel off the melted plastic after it was done baking. My family got quite a laugh.
    All I do now is bake it (without the netting) and add a brown sugar glaze.
    False
    Lots of time I will put mine in one of the oven cooking bags. Then use the broth it makes for gravy.
    False
    Lots of time I will put mine in one of the oven cooking bags. Then use the broth it makes for gravy.
    False
    False

I bake it per instruction on the label and I save all the juices for seasoning beans, soups, and gravy. If you have a ham with all natural juices the broth is just terrific.
    False

I usually put it in a roaster with a little water. The dripping make great gravy.

As they said, follow the directions and you will have a Great Meal for Easter.

Cherie

False
    my problem is my spiral ham has no directions with it.

I'm going to put it in my roaster and cook it about 10 minutes per pound. As it is a fully cooked one.

Linda
    False
    I put mine in my electric skillet with some water and make a foil tent then let it steam slowly while I'm doing other things. It stays moist and it's great!
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields