~Pillsbury Grands Biscuits~...Post your favorite ways... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

~Pillsbury Grands Biscuits~...Post your favorite ways...

Last post Dec 25, 2012 12:19 PM by heather218 . 50 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1234
  • ~Pillsbury Grands Biscuits~...Post your favorite ways...
    Of using them!

Please post your ideas/recipes for using these biscuits. They had a sale and I had coupons, so have a 'few' containers! LOL!! Can't resist a deal!
    False
  • RE: ~Pillsbury Grands Biscuits~...Post your favorite ways...
    We love these! We just bake them and eat them with butter and honey. I also would enjoy any recipes using these. Charter
    False

Strawberry Shortcakes

Dip the top and sides (only) of the biscuit in melted butter and then in sugar.

Place them on a cookie sheet and bake according to directions.

Serve them with strawberries and whipped cream for a yummy (and easy) strawberry shortcake!

:) Meritt
    False
    Grands!® Biscuit Taco Cups

1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
    1 (15-oz.) can spicy chili beans, undrained
    1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. Old El Paso® 40% Less-Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
    1/2 cup water
    1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury Grands!® Refrigerated Golden Corn or 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
    4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup shredded lettuce, if desired
    1/2 cup chopped tomato, if desired
    1/2 cup sour cream, if desired
    1/2 cup Old El Paso® Salsa, if desired

Heat oven to 375F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
    Add chili beans, taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes or until ground beef mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
    Meanwhile, spray outside bottom and sides of 8 (6-oz.) custard cups lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each biscuit to form 4 1/2-inch round. Place rounds over outside of sprayed cups; press to fit over bottom and part way down sides of cups. Place cups, upside down, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
    Bake at 375F. for 14 to 16 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove pan from oven. Carefully remove biscuit cups from custard cups. Place biscuit cups, right side up, in same baking pan. Spoon beef mixture evenly into each cup.
    Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa.

8 taco cups

NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
    SERVING SIZE: 1 Taco Cup
    Calories 520 Calories from Fat 260

% DAILY VALUE
    Total Fat 29 g 45 %
    Saturated 12 g 60 %
    Cholesterol 70 mg 23 %
    Sodium 1320 mg 55 %
    (fattening but yummy! eat on a day when you have not had any other fat lol)
    False
    These sound great!! Any other ideas?
    False
    I had the same problem a couple of times. Good deals are so hard to resist! I've made a recipe that I got from TOH a couple of times, and the kids love it (this is a half recipe, it seems to bake better than a full recipe)

Cinnamon Monkey Bread

2 tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
    1/4 C sugar
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 C butter or margarine, melted
    1/4 C brown sugar
    Cut each biscuit into four pieces; shape into balls. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange evenly in a greased 10-in fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
    Combine butter and brown sugar; pour over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting bread onto a serving platter.
    False
    This is my favorite way to use Pillsbury Biscuits ~

CREAM CHEESE BISCUITS

2 tubes refrigerated biscuits (10 per tube)
    8 oz. cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
    1/4 cup sugar
    4 tsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted

glaze:
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Press each biscuit into an oval shape. Place 1 cream cheese cube in center of each. Pinch edges of biscuit together.
    Stir sugar and cinnamon together in saucer.
    Dip biscuit into melted butter. Then dip into sugar mixture to coat. Layer biscuits in greased 12 cup bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Invert onto rack.
    Glaze: Mix ingredients to make barely pourable mixture, by adding more powdered sugar or milk. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
    False
    I make these over the weekend and wrap them individually, refrigerate them and take one to work each morning. Bake biscuits as usual. With a cookie cutter cut cheese slices to fit, fry eggs in one of those little round poached egg things, fry up some bacon and cut in half. Place the cheese, egg and 2 pieces of bacon on bottom and put on the top and voila! Egg muffins.
    BJ
    False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

Grands! Corn Dogs
    A cousin to classic crescent dogs, biscuit dogs are grand!Ingredients:
    1 (17.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Golden Corn Biscuits or 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
    8 teaspoons ketchup
    8 teaspoons mustard
    8 hot dogs
    Preparation Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 6 1/2-inch oval.
    2. Spread each biscuit with 1 teaspoon ketchup and 1 teaspoon mustard. Place 1 hot dog in center of each biscuit. Roll dough around hot dog; seal ends and edges well. Place seam side down on greased cookie sheet.
    3. Bake at 350°F. for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.

False
    Here is a link to 91 grands biscuit recipes

http://www.pillsbury.com/azsearch/Search.asp?sp-i=1&SearchString=Grands+&sp-n=1
    False
    I don't have the recipe here with me, I gave it to my DIL, but it said to flatten the biscuit and use as a pizza. Whatever topping you like, cooked ground beef/sausage, cheese, etc.
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    Mini Pizza's

One can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits
    Pizza or spaghetti sauce
    Mozzarella cheese
    Any additional pizza toppings

Flatten Pillsbury Grands biscuits to the thickness of crust you desire. Add sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake at 400º F for apx. 12 minutes or until crust is brown, and cheese is melted. This is a great dish for kids to help with.
    False
    Quick Brunch

1 Package sliced ham -- (8 ounce) cut into half-inch squares
    1 Can Pillsbury Grand's
    1 1/2 Cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
    1 1/2 Cups shredded American cheese
    6 eggs -- beaten
    1 Cup milk
    1/4 Teaspoon salt
    1/4 Teaspoon pepper

Press biscuits on the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle ham and cheese over biscuits. In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour on top of the biscuits, ham and cheese. Bake at 450F for 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (Note: For a stiffer set-up, use 7 eggs and a little less milk. You can also experiment with variations such as hot sausage,
    prepared and drained; ham and pineapple; crumbled bacon; and more spices.)

False
    We love taking them and making donuts out of them....just seperate and pull apart in the center to make a hole and then place in hot oil, turn over to make nice and brown, take them out then place sugar/cinnamon on them ,,,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    False
    Betty
    Thanks to Redraspberry girl. That's a good site for Grands biscuits.

Diana
    False
    Diana