Large Roaster Oven Recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Large Roaster Oven Recipes

Last post Nov 18, 2014 1:47 AM by mcarana . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Large Roaster Oven Recipes
    I went through the search for large roaster oven recipes and was surprised at how few I found. I couldn't find much from the web, either.

I know there are lots of church ladies, school cooks, camp cooks, caterers, etc. that have used these large electric roasters.

Would you please include your roaster oven recipes on this post?

Thanks!
    Don
    False
  • RE: Large Roaster Oven Recipes
    I've done turkey in mine, baked potatoes for a large crowd, and pork loin roast for a wedding. It sure works as a second oven on holidays! :)
    False
    Please give cooking times and amounts for those of us that need recipes to cook:) Thanks!
    False
    ROAST BEEF AND ITALIAN OVEN SPAGHETTI
    SAUCE

2 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tbsp. butter
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. onion, chopped
    2 tbsp. green pepper, chopped
    1/2 lb. ground beef
    1/2 lb. Italian sausage
    1 (15 oz.) can tomatoes, chopped
    4 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
    1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
    Heat oil and butter in heavy saucepan; saute onion, garlic, and pepper. Add meats, cook until browned; stir often and drain. Add tomatoes, simmer 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste.

Add:

1 1/2 c. hot water
    1 c. beef or chicken broth
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. sugar
    2 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley (flat), or regular parsley
    1/8 tsp. allspice
    1/2 tsp. sweet basil
    1/2 tsp. oregano
    2 tbsp. dry spaghetti sauce mix
    Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. If too thick, add another 1/2 cup water. Put roast in large roaster pan and brown. Then pour the above sauce over the roast, cover and let cook in 300 degree oven for 3 to 4 hours. Very seldom needs stirring.

May add raw meatballs or chicken pieces to sauce in roaster and cook along with roast. Serve sauce over pasta. Good meal for a large crowd.

False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    whatever goes in my regular oven can go in my roaster....i have even baked my pound cakes in it...the only thing i have not done is cookies..will have to try that...the time and temp usually is the same for mine
    False
    http://www.mywebsearch.com/jsp/GGmain.jsp?st=bar&ptnrS=ZSxdm314&searchfor=large+Roaster+oven+recipes

Go to this web site and amke sure you scroll down to the bottom.There is quite a few pages to go on for roaster recipes.Let me know if you get it to work for you.

Cubbybear
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Cubbybear,

I found this at the sight you suggested. Thank you. And thanks to the others for taking the time to post.
    I'd sure like to see a lot more, though. For example, I wonder how long it would heat up 18 qts. of green bean casserole for a church gathering.
    I'd better start doing my part:)
    Don

Sunday Oven Dinner

3 lb. beef roast
    1 c. carrots, cut
    1/2 c. celery, cut
    5 or 6 whole potatoes
    1 or 2 onions, cut
    1 tsp. tapioca
    1 tsp. sugar
    Dash of oregano
    Salt & pepper
    2 c. water
    1 slice bread, broken

Put all ingredients into a roaster. Cover tightly.
    Bake 5 hours at 225 degrees, without lifting cover.

False
    This was a previous post found in thru the search of this site. I'm sorry I didn't catch the name of the original poster.

Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes

1 and 1/2 packages frozen shredded
    hashbrown potatoes
    1 pint half and half
    2 sticks butter or margraine
    1 1b block of Velveeta cubed

In a saucepan over low-medium heat combine half and half, butter or margarine and Velveeta cubes. Stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce comes together. In a 9 x 13 pan, place the one and one half packages of frozen hash browns. Pour sauce over, mixing well. Let stand at room temp for one hour. Bake one hour at 350.

Tusually serves 12-16 people. You can add chopped ham cubes before heating this. These stay super creamy so I'm sure you can keep these on low for several hours in a roaster without ruining the taste.
    False
    I think I got this from the BB a few years ago...I'm sorry I didn't copy the original poster...

EASY OVEN FRIED RICE

This recipe makes a large roast pan full (great for pot lucks) and it
    turns out very moist and flavorful.

4 cups uncooked long grain rice
    7 1/2 cups water (I used part chicken broth)
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup oil
    1 chopped onion or green onion
    1 envelope Lipton onion mushroom dry soup mix
    (or 1 envelope dry onion soup mix plus 1 Cup-a-Soup envelope Cream of
    Mushroom flavor)
    1 can mushrooms, chopped
    celery salt (optional)
    garlic powder (optional)
    3 eggs, scrambled
    cooked chicken breast or cooked pork, cubed
    1/4 cup honey garlic sauce, from a jar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Place all ingredients EXCEPT eggs/meat/honey garlic sauce in a large
    roast pan and stir.
    3. Cover with lid and bake for 1 hour.
    4. Scramble eggs while rice is cooking and cube meat.
    5. Add both to cooked rice.
    6. Pour honey garlic sauce over& stir to mix.

False
    Slow Cooked Two Bean & Sausage Soup

1 pound hot Italian Sausage,
    casings removed
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    3 stalks celery
    3 carrots, chopped
    2 cans (15 1/2 0z) chick peas
    with liquid
    2 pounds lentils, rinsed & drained
    2 pks (10 oz) frozen spinach,
    thawed
    1 jar (1 lb 4 oz) salsa
    1 pound bonless chicken thighs

Preheat to 450*

Carefully spread sausage evenly over the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the onions. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to 250*. Cover and slow cook for 4 - 6 hours. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm at 225* for up to 1 hour.
    False
    Blueberry Corn Muffins

1 Cup yellow corn meal
    1 Cup flour
    1/2 Cup sugar
    1 Tablespoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 Cup melted butter
    3/4 Cup milk
    1 egg
    1/2 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat to 425*
    Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl combine butter, milk, and egg. Slowly stir into the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Fill the muffins cups to within 1/2 inch of the top. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
    Makes 12 muffins.
    False
  • Re: RE: Large Roaster Oven Recipes

Hello

This fall a few of us will be cooking for a croud of about 100 college students for Sunday supper. I was wondering if I can cook a large amount of rice in my 18 qt roaster oven. I am also wondering about trying scrammbles eggs.

Thank you,

martin

False
  • Re: Large Roaster Oven Recipes
    I have one and have had a lot of things to scorch around the edges. i have a liner and have put water in the roaster and then the food in the liner, but that didn't help a whole lot. Any tips for better results?
    False

http://nesco.com/recipes/

I have a Nesco Roaster with the browning lid which really makes a difference.   I'm not sure they are selling any more of the lids as I bought the lid after the roaster a few years ago.    I also have a large one without a browning lid and I would use that for a turkey if I had the browning lid.   I make roasted vegetables in my smaller one - they are so good and it saves oven space.   Great for serving to a larger crowd.   The above link takes you to some Nesco recipes.   I also make a great pork loin with the browning feature.  It's an "air" feature which really works well.

False

http://nesco.com/recipes/

This is a link to the Nesco recipe site.   I use my smaller Nesco recipe for pork loin roasts, roast chicken, and roasted vegetables.   I have the Aire Browning lid which really helps to make the foods look and taste better.

False