Lost Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies with cream of tartar | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Lost Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies with cream of tartar

Last post Nov 02, 2007 1:56 PM by casf_or_Carol_IN . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Lost Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies with cream of tartar
    Can you help me? I've lost this recipe. I even copied it and gave it to others. It was posted sometime this spring or summer. I can't remember who posted the recipe. This is one of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had.

TIA

Carol
    False

Carol

• RE: Lost Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies with cream of tartar
    I found this one but it was posted in 04.

Sue

Posted by: deweydecimal Replies: 1 Posted on: 9/30/2004 4:52:51 PM
    #T418549
    Forgotten Chips Cookies

2 egg whites
    1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    2/3cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup HERSHEYS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
    2. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt in small
    bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
    3. Place cookie sheets in heated oven; immediately turn
    off oven and allow cookies to remain in oven six hours or overnight without opening door. Remove cookies from cookie sheets. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
    Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Deweydecimal

False
    Posted by: froster Posted on: 8/27/2005 4:20:43 PM
    #R6280863
    Nielsen-Massey Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 c. butter -- softened
    1 1/4 c. sugar
    1 1/4 c. brown sugar
    1 tbsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    4 c. all-purpose flour
    2 tsp. baking soda
    1 3/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. cream of tartar
    12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips -- 2 cups

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop with a #40 scoop (looks like a metal mini ice cream scoop) or a rounded measuring tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased insulated baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly: remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen

NOTES : excellent taste and texture. a little different from an average ccc. you will just have to try them to see why. crisp outside and chewy inside. Lots of flavor. the salt is a bit more pronounced, but I think that is one reason (out of many) that I love them. (my oreo chunk cookies is based on this recipe)

False
    Thanks. I looked at both of them. I think the 2nd one is more like I made. Guess I'll make them up and see what I get. Again thanks.

Carol
    False

Carol

I also bumped up a thread where some one asked the same question - did you see that?

Sue

False
    http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=361804&catnum=68&headnum=2

That is the link.

Sue
    False
    I found this one Carol. Does it look familiar?

John

Angel Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup shortening
    2 cups white sugar
    4 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    6 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    2 teaspoons cream of tartar
    2 cups milk
    2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
    Blend the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the shortening mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
    Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until barely light brown at the edges.
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES

1 cup white sugar
    1 cup packed light brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 egg
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    pinch of salt
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts/almond/hazelnut
    2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Thoroughly cream sugars, margarine, oil, egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-12 minutes.

Cookies are light in color when done and may appear soft when warm but will crisp once cold.
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Thanks to both of you for your help. I'm not sure which recipe is the right one but I've alread got the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients measured for the 2nd one. That is all but the cream of tartar. I'm out!! Sent DH to the store to get more. He just called and said the grocery doesn't have any. DUH!! It's about time to make snickerdoodles. Wake up out there. Anyway he's on his way to Krogers.

I'm going to have to call a friend that I gave the recipe to for a copy. I think I've probably filed it in the wrong place in one of the 4 TOH BB notebooks that I have. LOL!!

Again thanks.

Carol
    False

Carol