ISO: Recipe for traditional Italian Ricotta Cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Recipe for traditional Italian Ricotta Cookies

Last post Dec 08, 2007 12:16 AM by Deonia . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ISO: Recipe for traditional Italian Ricotta Cookies
    We love these cookies and usually order them from a local baker here in town. This year my daughter and I would love to try and make them ourselves. I'm looking for a standard, old-fashioned recipe for traditional Italian Ricotta Cookies.

Thanks for your help.

Kim
    False
  • RE: ISO: Recipe for traditional Italian Ricotta Cookies
    i have this recipe at home, but I am at work. I'll try to remember to check back later
    False
    That would be great....thanks!
    False
    Kim, I dont know if this is the traditional recipe or not, but I have just made them and they are delicious! I iced some with a powdered sugar frosting with Raspberry flavoring, some with Lemonade frosting, and left some plain with vanilla frosting. Here's the recipe i used:

RICOTTA CHEESE COOKIES

1 cup butter
    1 cup ricotta cheese
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter and ricotta cheese. Add sugar and blend well. Add eggs and blend well. Mix flour , salt, and soda toggether and sift into batter. Mix well. Roll batter into small balls. BAke at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes . Cool before frosting

I made mine about the size of a quarter and they turned out nice. The dough is very easy to work with and does not stick to your hands at all. I love this recipe and will be making it again and again.
    False
    How about posting your frosting recipes to! Please....

piggykins

Thank you....
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
    False
    OK Piggykins, here ya go:
    I used powdered sugar thinned down with water to a kinda runny, but not watery, consistancy. then I took about 1/4 cup out for each batch of cookies and flavored with:
    1, 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon raspberry flavoring and a couple drops of red food color.

2. the same ammounts of Lemonade flavoring and yellow food color.

3. the same ammounts of Orange cream flavaoring and orange food color
    and some i left plain and used the same ammount of vanilla in the icing. I never had a ricotta cookie before and i have fallen in love with them LOL
    BTW, I purchased the orange cream and lemonade flavorings from www.LorAnnOils.com

False
    Oh thank you for the frosting recipes. To go with the cookie-YUM! I never heard of lemonade flavoring I am going to contact that company. I appreciate it....

piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
    Try thier orange cream flavorint too and the raspberry, I got almost all of them LOL but the lowest size is really plenty for a while as it only takes a few drops of their flavorings. You can also get flavorings for chocolate only that is really easy to use. have a good time with them LOL
    False