Raspberry Filled Melting Moments/ Chocolate and Raspberry Creme Cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Raspberry Filled Melting Moments/ Chocolate and Raspberry Creme Cookies

Last post Dec 16, 2007 10:38 PM by bunnygene_TN . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Raspberry Filled Melting Moments/ Chocolate and Raspberry Creme Cookies
    CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CREME COOKIES

6 tablespoons butter, softened
    1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1 egg
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanlla extract
    1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/3 cups of Hershey's Raspberry Creme filled baking pieces.

1. Preheat oven to 350º F
    2. Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces.
    Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. ( I line sheets with parchment paper).
    3. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
    Makes about 3 1/2 doz. cookies

Note- for Chocolate cookie variation; decrease flour to 1 cup; add 1/3 cup cocoa.

These are a delightful change of pace with chocolate chip cookies. At our house they was gone in two days...yummy

Raspberry Filled Melting Moments

2 cups unsifted flour
    1 cup cornstarch
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Seedless raspberry jam

In a bowl stir together flour, cornstarch and sugar
    In a large mixer bowl beat margarine until soft and smooth. Beat in flour mixture and vanilla extract until well blended.

Shape into 3/4 inch balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
    Flatten crisscross style with a lightly floured fork. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
    Makes 72 cookies.

Cool slightly then spread lightly with raspberry jam. When completely cool, dip in Glaze.

Glaze
    1/2 cup chocolate morsels
    1 teaspoon butter
    1 teaspoon milk.
    Melt and mix in double boiler.
    False
  • Re: Raspberry Filled Melting Moments/ Chocolate and Raspberry Creme Cookies

LOL I tried my best not to open this message with the raspberry recipes!I've already made cookies till they're coming out my ears, But .....I just couldnt resist any longer. Raspberry is my nemesis i think. I love it, especially black raspberry. These look good, but when i searched and searched for the chocolate/raspberry chips and not finding them anywhere, I inquired and fjound out that they were only a one time promotion and they didn't make any more this year. The lady said to contact the company and maybe they would make them again if enough people requesed them. I can't  remember who made them although i think it was toll house. Anyone know for sure?

False

Hershey's made Premier baking pieces....dark chocolate filled with raspberry creme.....1-800-468-1714   (I think)

False

these sound sooooo good

'

'

thank you for the recipe!

False

According their site.....they still make them

Here is a product locater and they are listed

Just put in your zip code and state and city

http://www.hersheys.com/productlocator/index.asp

False

Zakons...these sound wonderful...I'll add them to my list of cookies for this year. Thank you for the recipes

Kathie

False

Well I'm copying these recipes! I love raspberries thanks Zakons.

NancySmile

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

OK, thanks for the site addy. I have looked all over for them, here and P'cola, but they aren't anywhere in this town LOL But I already got some raspberry flavoring from LorAnn oils that will be even better, just anaother step.

False

Oh boy do these ever sound WONDERFUL!  I'm narrowing down my cookie tray list-have a feeling both of these will be on it since I have some of the chips in the cupboard and jam in there too!  Thanks so much!!!

Carol

False

I bought a bag of Hershey's Raspberry filled chips a couple of years ago and absolutely loved them.  Never saw them again.  I went to their website back then and couldn't find them.  I just checked out the site and they claim that Kroger here in town had them, but I have looked over the chocolate chips everytime I go in there and have never seen them.  They also claim Food Lion has them, so I'll give it a try.  If I find them, I'm buying every bag so I won't be caught without them again!  Thanks for the recipe

False