Looking For Lost Recipe...Thumbprint Cookie Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking For Lost Recipe...Thumbprint Cookie Recipe

Last post Dec 18, 2007 10:02 AM by twooftwo . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Looking For Lost Recipe...Thumbprint Cookie Recipe

Pistachio Chocolate Cherry Pecan Delight Cookies!
    Hi Everyone! I am looking for a thumbprint cookie recipe, like the one pictured. My sister made them several years ago, but I can not locate the recipe. I think the cookie had pistachio pudding in the recipe and they may have been called Chocloate Cherry Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies? I would love to have the recipe again. The recipe may have came from an magazine like Woman's Day, Family Circle or Better Homes and Gardens, but not sure?

False
  • Re: Looking For Lost Recipe...Thumbprint Cookie Recipe

Pistachio Thumbprint Cookie

1 cup butter or margarine
    1/3 cup powdered sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 teaspoon almond extract
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 package (3.4 oz.) instant pistachio pudding mix
    1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
    2 cups finely chopped pecans (use pistachios)

Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add egg and extracts and mix well. Combine flour and pudding mix and add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in nuts. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Make a thumbprint in the center of each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. Fill center with filling.

Filling:

Ingredients:
    2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
    4 oz. cream cheese
    2 cups powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2-3 Tablespoons milk (if needed)

Mix together all ingredients until creamy. Spoon filling into the center of the cooled cookies. Drizzle with glaze if desired.

Glaze:

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    2 teaspoons shortening

Melt chocolate chips and shortening together. Drizzle over cookies and let stand until chocolate is set.

False

• Re: Looking For Lost Recipe...Thumbprint Cookie Recipe

Hi Kansacakedecorater! This recipe sounds close, but the cookie recipe I had did not have the filling. I could leave the filling out, or maybe try some with and without the filling? Thank you so much for you help!

False