Do you have to be home for fedex to deliver a package? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you have to be home for fedex to deliver a package?

Last post Jan 04, 2008 11:11 AM by kattar_WA . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Do you have to be home for fedex to deliver a package?

I'm expecting a package and need to go somewhere

False
  • Re: Do you have to be home for fedex to deliver a package?

I believe it depends how the sender marked it. Some packages they will leave. Others require a signature. Others require the actual addressee's signature. I am trying to hunt one down now that FedEx claims to have delivered yesterday. I know it was signature required. I live in apartments so I am hoping it went to the leasing office. Because I know I didnt sign for it.
    False

Yes, if you want the package today you will need to be home, if your not home they will leave a tag on the door & you will have to mark the tag to leave the package if no one is home.

UPS on the other hand will leave the package.

False

FedEx and UPS will both leave packages if they don't require a delivery signature.  They will both leave packages without ringing the doorbell too!  LOL.

If you happen to see them and open the door they say "Oh! You're home!  No one is ever home..."

Smile

The only time you HAVE To be there and you HAVE to sign for it is if the person or company that sent it requests a signature.  And I can tell you that even then they'll stick a sticker on your door that says "Attempt at delivery was made.  Signature required.  You can pick up your package before 5:00 at the central office."     And if you were sitting about 15 feet away when they slapped that sticker on your door WITHOUT ringing, knocking or attempting in anyway you'll have to use the phone and the internet to convince them you were sitting right here, they did not RING the bell and you HEARD The truck drive away and saw them leaving your cul-de-sac.  You WERE home and that THEY need to deliver it the next day to you.

... not that I just went through this or anything... la la la la la *whistle*

Sad 

False

Oh... PS:  There are 2 kinds of signatures. 

1.  Delivery - in which they leave a tag, you sign it and stick it on the front of your door.

2.  IN PERSON delivery signature - when the company needs to make sure you were there in person.  (We had to do this for my daughters airline tickets.)

(interestingly enough - one delivery was supposed to take our signature because they were air soft guns that you have to be over 18 to buy - and it said signature of someone over 18 would be needed at delivery - but it wasn't.  I went to the store, came home and the box was on my front step.)  LOL.  You can't win with these guys!  LOL. 

False

Many that I receive from Fed Ex, UPS and the US Postal service are left without someone being there - but if a signature is required they will leave a note for you to be home the next day or pick it up at the appropriate office (they will note which one) later that same day.   I had one come during the holidays that required a signature - I wasn't home and when I got home - too late to go for it.   They brought it first thing the next morning.

False
    Tria

I usually leave a note on the door asking them to please leave the package and then I sign the bottom.  They'll use that as their signature - usually. lol  I, too, have been on the receiving end of both scenarios.  One service I won't use anymore is DHL for similar, but way more aggravating, reasons!Angry

False