? For Anyone Who Has Cooks Essentials Electric Pressure Cooker | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

? For Anyone Who Has Cooks Essentials Electric Pressure Cooker

Last post Sep 15, 2012 12:50 AM by Sms41 . 34 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123
  • ? For Anyone Who Has Cooks Essentials Electric Pressure Cooker

I have been looking at these but there are several negative reviews.  If you have one have you had any trouble with it and would you buy one again?

False
  • Re: ? For Anyone Who Has Cooks Essentials Electric Pressure Cooker

nilyak, I've had an 8 qt. Cooks Essential PC for a couple of years and love it! The only time I've heard any negative reviews on them were a certain batch that some people bought on eBay that had been refurbished, but even those people were able to return them for one that worked properly.  John Wolverine also has one along with many others here. I highly recommend it!

~~susie.

False

I have a 6 qt oval. I use it at least 3 times a week. Had it about 2 years. I would buy another one today if it broke.   Carol

False

I have a 5qt. Cooks Essentials PC that I have had for about 2 years and haven't used it yet.   I would love to start using mine.    To be honest I have always been kind of afraid of pressure cookers but when I saw the two Bob's demonstrating the PC, I wanted one.

What do you all make in yours?

False
    Thanks so much for your replies.  I am still debating on the Cooks Essentials oval pc.  I realy like that one.  If anyone else has one I would really like your input.
    False
    I have one and I love it. I have always feared them in the past, but this one has many safety features. I would recommend this product. Linda
    False

I have the 6 quart electric pressure cooker from this manufacturer and I absolutely love itl   I use it at least three or four times a week, and I will buy the 8 quart model when I find it.   It is incredibly easy to use, and does a super job on everything, but I especially love it for meats.  I was initially leary of using it because it was made in China, and I don't like to buy things from China after all the recalls of children's toys, plastics, jewelry, etc.   I almost returned it but I talked to one of the ladies in customer service at Cook's Essentials and she told me most of them have several pressure cookers and use them daily in some instances.  Totally wonderful product, not at all scary, and so easy to use.    I especially like being able to brown meats in it and then  cook them on the pressure setting.  Meats  come out so tender and delicious.  My husband loves the way the food tastes - it's better, and every bite is flavored with the seasonings and/or liquids you  cook with. I happen to like chicken broth as a cooking medium.  The flavor is subtle and doesn't affect what the food tastes like except to make it better.   I highly recommend this  product.   It's just exceptional.  When my adult children and spouses came home for Xmas, I used this daily.  It is one kitchen product I couldn't live without.

False

would  you please share some recipes. i also have had mine for a couple years but never use it. just have not found that many recipes for it. thanks

False

I see that you have had your Cook's Essentials pressure cooker for quite some time.  I just purchased one around the holidays, and have been a little afraid to use it.  Do you have a good cookbook for pressure cookers that you use, or do you just put anything in and try it out?  Also, do you cook things quickly, using the pressure cook method, or do you steam things in it?  I want to start using this, as I have heard that it makes cooking meats much quicker.  Please give me any advise on using my pressure cooker that you can.  Thanks so much!

False

nilyak:    I purchased the Cook's Essential 5 quart Pressure from QVC some time ago & kept hesitating to use it. Once I did, I wondered why I wasted all that time letting it sit in my pantry. I can't say enough good things about convenient it is to use, the meat's turn out so tender and a wonderfull time saver. My suggestion: don't hesitate in buying one, especially from QVC. If your not pleased, they have an excellent return policy, but I'm sure you will be as happy as I am once you start using it.  ~Sande~

False

Love, love, love my C.E. 6 qt. from QVC.  I use it every week, usually more than once and have never been disappointed.  I have found that almost all my slow cooker recipes can be adapted.  I usually find that I cook the meat (in stews or soups) for a few minutes, release the pressure and then add vegetables.  I rarely cook a roast any other way, and when I want chicken for chicken casseroles or chicken salad it can go from frozen to done in minutes!  Don't hesitate!

False

nilyak

I have been looking at these but there are several negative reviews.  If you have one have you had any trouble with it and would you buy one again?

We bought an 8 quart CE Digital OC and we love it.  It is very easy to use and you just set it and walk away.

8 qt. we found is to big for the 2 of us so I just ordered the CE 6 quart Multi-Cooker PC from QVC yesterday.  I guess that answers the question about wether we would buy another one.  This one came highly recomended from the pressure cooker recipe group on yahoo.

False

Either go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PressureCookerRecipes/ or http://missvickie.com/

They both have tons of PC recipies.

False

I'll post some recipes I've made recently.  I really like this PC, and I too was always nervous about them.  LOL, if I can use them safely, anyone can :)

I used Susie's favorite beef stew for the pressure cooker from Goodwitch to get a sense of how to do this in the pressure cooker. So, it's greatly modified, but inspired by a recipe.

Beef and Spaetzle

1/2 cup chopped onions
    1 lb. beef cubes
    flour to coat generously
    salt, pepper, dill and rosemary (both dried) to taste
    3 C plus 1 C beef broth
    spaeztle (I used store bought dried)

Brown onions in PC sprayed with cooking spray. Meanwhile, mix flour, salt, pepper, dill and rosemary and dredge beef cubes. Add beef to onions and brown.

Add three cups beef broth and bring PC up to pressure. Cook 25 minutes, then use Rapid Release to release pressure.

Add more broth if necessary and spaetzle. Continue cooking at pressure for 10 minutes and let release naturally.

Thicken gravy if necessary/desired.

user posted image

False

Pork Loin Roast w/ Veggies

INGREDIENTS

3 to 4 lbs of pork roast
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    salt and pepper
    1 1/3 cup water
    3 large potatoes cut in half
    6 carrots cut in half lengthwise
    6 small onions

PREPARATION

Add vegetable oil to cooker and brown roast on all sides.
    Season roast with salt and pepper to taste.
    Add water.
    Cook at high pressure for 50 minutes.
    Release pressure rapidly then carefully remove cover.
    Add Potatoes, onions and carrots.
    Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
    Thicken gravy as desired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEEPER smile.gif This smelled so heavenly, and I'm not a pork roast kinda gal! DH Loved it! I could tell it was not dried out like many of my other pork and beef roasts often are. I probably could have gotten by with 40 mins. cook time plus the additional 10 minutes after adding the veggies. I seasoned with Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper, and used chicken broth instead of water. I also used slices of huge mushrooms~they called them steak cut. They were almost like portabello slices, but they were just gigantic white mushrooms. They held up fine to the pressure cooking, but regular sliced buttons probably wouldn't.

I brined the pork roast for about 45 minutes before cooking. Even that little bit was helpful~I would have done it longer, but I always forget to do that!
    False