Long John Silvers Coleslaw recipe for GoBigRedNE(Please keep bumped) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Long John Silvers Coleslaw recipe for GoBigRedNE(Please keep bumped)

Last post May 20, 2004 9:14 AM by cookiebakr . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Long John Silvers Coleslaw recipe for GoBigRedNE(Please keep bumped)
    Long John Silvers Coleslaw

Here it is!!! I found it in my Treasury of top secret recipes book...

8 cups very finely chopped cabbage (1 head)
    1/4 cup shredded carrot
    2 tablespoons minced onions
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
    2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1. Be sure that the cabbage, carrots, and onion are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice kernels).
    2. Combine the sugar, salt pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice, and beat until smooth.
    3. Add the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.
    4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. serves 8
    The critical part of this cole slaw recipe is the flavor-enhancement period prior to eating. Be absolutely certain the cole slaw sits in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours prior to serving for the great tasting slaw of slaw.
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
  • RE: Long John Silvers Coleslaw recipe for GoBigRedNE(Please keep bumped)
    cubbybear

Is this the cole slaw that has been served at Long John Silvers since they opened, years ago? I love LJS cole slaw, it's my favorite and I can't get it anymore at the LJS I go to. The restaurant has combined LJS and KFC and they only serve the KFC cole slaw, which is good but not as good as LJS. If it's the original slaw, I'm extremely thankful.

cookiebakr
    False
    Thanks Cubbybear! I've been wanting that recipe for a very, very long time!!! Now, thanks to you, I have it......((hugs))

Dee
    False
    Oh my gosh Cubbybear! I can't believe it! I didn't think I would ever get a copy of this! *me dancing* Thanks you so very, very much! Your such a sweetie! I can't wait to give it a try! I love this stuff! Thank you again for taking the time to find it for me and for posting...I wish you were here...I'd give you a big hug!

False
    Yes this is the oringal recipe.I love this stuff to and we don't have any more LJS around me.

~Cubbybear~
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Great! I'm going to put that in my files. Thanks again.
    False