What do you serve with cabbage rolls? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you serve with cabbage rolls?

Last post Dec 29, 2013 5:03 PM by Alliea . 26 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12
  • What do you serve with cabbage rolls?

I made cabbage rolls today. I'm never sure what side dish to have with them?

False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
  • Re: What do you serve with cabbage rolls?

corn and maybe some bread? how about cottage cheese?

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

I made cabbage rolls just yesterday and the rest of the cabbage that was not used in the rolls, I chopped up and cooked it for on the side and just to use it up and made homemade macaroni and cheese, using some velveeta cheese and sharp cheddar cheese, delicious. Connie

False

Hi Baileyville,

I think I'd keep it simple. I love cabbage rolls, goes back to my roots.

A nice green salad and garlic bread. I'd be happy. 

False

We love mashed potatoes with ours.  Like to pour the gravey the cabbage rolls make over the potatoes...sounds good.  I just happened to have a head of cabbage in the refrigerator.

False

Connie, mac and cheese sounds good. DH said either that or boiled potatoes with globs of butter and parsley.

False

We just have the cabbage rolls and fresh homemade bread straight out of the oven.

False

What a small world! LOL!  I just made some for supper tonight!  I always serve them with rice.  We like to pour the tomato gravy over the rice. 

Lea

False

My mother always served them with baked potatoes or occasionally white rice. I like to make rice with equal parts tomato sauce and water to have a tomato rice with my cabbage rolls.

False
    I like ham slices or pork chops with cabbage rolls. Pork of any kind goes good with cabbage and there is little meat in a cabbage roll. Marlene
    False

I like to serve mashed potatoes with mine.  Everyone seems to put the extra juices on their potatoes and use it like they would gravy.  I love it that way.

Sudzie

False

Some rolls or bread but you really have a full meal right there. 

pegg

False

pegg

Ditto on the mashed potatoes.. yumm..    bdett

False

I always serve stuffed cabbage with mashed potatoes to enjoy the extra juices from the cabbage and cucumbers & sour cream. The cucumber/sour cream combo is an unbeatable side. Try it, and you will always serve them together!
    False

I made a bunch of egg rolls and gave some to friends. We still have enough left for supper today. I think I'll try mashed potatoes today. We love the sauce over them also. Thanks !

False