Short ribs vrs. Country -style ribs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Short ribs vrs. Country -style ribs?

Last post Oct 01, 2012 10:22 AM by candy 224 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Short ribs vrs. Country -style ribs?

Whats the difference between these?

I've got several recipes calling for short ribs but have country- style in the freezer.

Just wondering if they are the same or can be interchanged.

TIA

pam

False
  • Re: Short ribs vrs. Country -style ribs?

Check out this site: http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/rib_cuts.html

Everything you want to know about the different cuts of ribs, and it also has "pictures". There are Tips and Techniques, Recipes, Blogs etc. Very informative site. Too much to write it all here.

False

Short ribs are a popular cut of beef. Beef short ribs are larger and usually more tender and meatier than their pork counter-part, pork spare ribs or country ribs.

False

I love short ribs but where I live we don't don't butchers and if we are able to get beef short ribs we're thrilled because we only get them 'maybe' 4 times a year!!  Pork ribs are available all the time.  They're not the same at all and we can always get spare ribs, county ribs or boneless country ribs but not the beef ribs ~ sigh.......

pegg

False

pegg

I meant to say we don't HAVE butchers - the meat comes in cryovacted and they go from there but  we don't even have soup bones or things like that very often!

False

pegg

Thanks to all for your replies!

I totally understand about not being able to get certain cuts of meat - being raised in Texas brisket is our preferred meat for smoking but when we lived in NC I had to have my DF overnite them to me since no one sold them up there!  That was 20 years ago - I'm back in Tx so not sure if the area I lived in has expanded their taste buds or not!  lol

False

That simply is not true. Pork ribs are more moist and tender by far than beef ribs. Beef are larger buy much dryer with less flavor because they do not have the fat pork has to supply the yummy flavor.

False