ISO Joanne Fluke's Cookie Recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Joanne Fluke's Cookie Recipes

Last post Feb 07, 2011 3:24 AM by _FOOTSIE . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • ISO Joanne Fluke's Cookie Recipes

She writes mystery books with recipes.  I've read several of her books and copied some of the recipes but I'm reading a later published book and it mentions cookies that appeared in earlier books.  Do any of you have her recipes and would share them?  Thanks.

False
  • Re: ISO Joanne Fluke's Cookie Recipes

Try this link:

Joanne Fluke Fans- Ever try her recipes? by Pip_OH

False

Vicki, thanks so much.  I checked on the internet but not here.

BTW, I love your hearts and weather on your reply.

Wish I were smarter about that but I don't even understand the directions.  They assume I know what the lingo is and what I'm doing.

Thanks again,

Mary

False

Hi Mary

I have every one of her books accept key lime, let me know which you want and I'll give them to you. her recipes are wonderful everyone I've tried have been beautiful.

Raspberry

False
    Cook with love and love to cook. Photobucket

That's the one I'm reading right now!

If you want the key lime pie recipe, I would be happy to copy it for you and mail it to you.

I like the recipe mysteries.  I seem to get in a rut and read books by series, then get bored and move on.

False

Mary,

For your own sake, pls don't put your email address on here as a direct link.  You don't know who may find it.  You could use the edit key to go back into you post and change it now.

Even changing @ for at,  .com for dotcom, anything so that there is not a direct link.

False

You're right!

It's my yahoo account which isn't connected to my computer but I've changed it.

Thanks,

False

there are a couple of recipes here.  Just search her name and you will find some of them.

False

I use my airmiles reward miles points to get Chapters gift cards (Canada's version of Barnes and Noble) and I'm going on a trip to cali in March so I'm picking up some books with my latest gift card and one is going to be the Key Lime one, I always wait for paperbacks to come out to buy them, but read the hardcover when it gets to the library. I'm on the Library list for Carrot cake now, # 1 too.

Raspberry

False

P.S. Did you know that she answers recipe questions? I email her questions I have about her recipes and she or her husband always answer them and within a day too. If you go to her site you'll see a cross stitch bookmark in the pic section she said her friend Chelle made. It was me that made that.

Raspberry

False

I am looking for the red velvet cookie recipe,, anyone has it that would be wonderful.. love this site

False

Welcome to the board Marybakered!   I found this via Google:

love red velvet cake so thought I'd give this a try - they were delicious. Ironically, this didn't come from a cookbook but from a culinary mystery book, The Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke. Just watch the baking time since it's hard to tell if these are done because of the red color but 9-11 minutes were a perfect baking time with my oven. These would be perfect Christmas (or Valentine) cookies because of the red color. Once you frost them, you can even use Christmas sprinkles on them.

2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
    ½ cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
    2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 large egg
    1 tablespoon red food coloring
    ¾ cup sour cream
    2 cups flour (pack it down in the cup when you measure it)
    1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. Melt chocolate and let cool.
    2. Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat them on medium speed until they’re smooth. This should take less than a minute.
    3. Add the baking soda and salt, and resume beating on medium again for another minute, or until they’re incorporated. Add the egg and beat on medium speed until the batter is smooth. Add the red food coloring and mix for about 30 seconds.
    4. Shut off the mixer and scrape down the bowl. Then add the melted chocolate and mix again for another minute on medium speed. Shut off the mixer and scrape down the bowl again. At low speed, mix in half the flour. When the flour is incorporated, mix in the sour cream.
    5. Scrape down the bowl again and add the rest of the flour. Beat until the flour is fully incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and give it a stir with a spoon. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
    6. Use a teaspoon to spoon the dough onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets, 12 cookies to a standard-sized sheet. Bake the cookies at 375˚F for 9 to 11 minutes, or until they rise and become firm. Slide the parchment from the cookie sheets and onto a wire rack. Let the cookies cool on the rack.

Cream Cheese Frosting

¼ cup butter, softened
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened
    ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups confectioners’ sugar

1. Mix the softened butter with the softened cream cheese and the vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
    2. Add the confectioners’ sugar in half-cup increments until the frosting is of proper spreading consistency.

Here's a pic of the finished product - unless you love cream cheese frosting, I wouldn't top the cookies with too much frosting. They also taste good without the frosting. Oh, and I love chocolate chips so I made mine with milk chocolate chips and used 2 cups instead of 1.

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

does anyone know was there a brownie recipe in one of her books?

False

Yes there is a brownie recipe but it's for a spicy hot one.  I just finished reading "Sugar Cookie Murder" and it's in there.  

Sorry, I ahve already returned the book to the library.

fastquilter

False

There is no scratch brownie recipe that I remember (I've got the books in storage so I can't look right now.). She made Hot Brownies but she used a mix and added chopped jalapenos to it but again, I won't be able to get to the books until the beginning of April to double check.

False