Elbow Spaghetti | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Elbow Spaghetti

Last post Oct 13, 2009 12:31 PM by Bob-H . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Elbow Spaghetti

We buy the best pasta from a local Mennonite Market. It's "Elbow Spaghett". It's thin, like Spaghetti, but cut short and curved, about the same as elbow macaroni. We just love it....with meat sauce, or it's especially good in soups.

This is the only place we've ever seen it.

Is it available in your area?

False
  • Re: Elbow Spaghetti

Years ago my Mom used to buy this and it's great but they quit making it (think it might have been American Beauty?) and we loved it. Haven't found it anywhere around here, sorry to say, but would love find it again!!!  Will keep looking!  Thanks for the memory!!!  Yummy!!!!

pegg

False

pegg

bump for help

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/

Would love to have this, but never heard of it.....maybe we could suggest it to some local pasta making store,,,,we have several around here.

Barb

False

Kroger carries Creamette brand elbow spg in our area, INDY. I've used it for years in my chili

False

Since I switched to all whole grain pasta I haven't looked for it but I used to be able to purchase it. It was good.

chefly 

False

Were a pasta family but I have never ever seen or heard about this one.

False

I know it's available in TX - think it's OG products so will see if my daughter can get me some since it doesn't seem to be available in KS.  I really liked it because it's thin like spaghetti and doesn't have the holes like macaroni has because it's smaller around and doesn't soak up the sauces, etc. because of no holes.  I originally had it in OK and for a while here in KS,  .......sigh.......  I hopefully will be able to track some down one way or another and I'll be a happy camper!!!!

pegg

False

pegg

I have never seen it in our grocery store but I will check out our Central Market as they carry a  lot of specialty foods. We love pasta so I will look for it. I haven't seen it in our Kroger which is where I do most of my shopping. I am assuming that since it is called elbow "spaghetti" that it is thin rather than like the little fat elbow macaroni. Thanks for introducing us to a new product, Foodguy!     MarineMom

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

It is thin, just like spaghetti.

FG

False

That's what makes it so special because it's not hollow so it doesn't fill up like elbo macaroni does - I'm going to get some of this now that I know it's available somewhere!!

Wonder why they took it off the market???

I will get a large supply as soon as I can and enjoy it every time I fix it!!!  Thanks for bringing it our attention, FoodGuy - I have asked at the stores and they just say no, we don't have that. 

pegg

False

pegg

A question please, if I may ask: from what I gather thiese arelike short, bent pieces of spaghetti. So: when cooked, will they stay bent? Or qill they straighten out?

I asl only because I don't care too much for elbow maccaroni and just breal spaghetti into short  pieces to use in place of elbow maccaroni. It works, but they aren't bent.

So, I am just wondering about these.

False

I can't get Creamettes products here in the Atlanta area so everytime I go back to Minnesota I buy a couple of boxes.  I like to use it in my goulash.

False

They stay bent but otherwise are like spaghetti, without holes in the middle.  I really prefer them because they're smaller and really make a nicer presentation.  Elbow macaroni sops up whatever they're added to whereas these don't. 

pegg

False

pegg

Take a  look at this link.... is this what you all are talking about?

http://www.dutchvalleyfoods.com/food/ItemDetail.aspx/ItemID/bded365f-7bf5-4c8d-8488-5491390ebe9d

False