Can I freeze butter? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I freeze butter?

Last post Feb 25, 2008 7:02 PM by raesmom97 . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Can I freeze butter?

They are having a big sale on butter at one of the local grocery stores, was wondering if I could freeze it for future use.

Thanks!
    Ann

False

• Re: Can I freeze butter?

YES!! I do it all the time with no problems.  I picked up on freezing it when I worked at a domestic violence shelter.  They would get a ton donated and freeze it.

False

Absolutely~I do it all the time!  I just toss the box right in the freezer.  Perfect for baking every time.

Amy

PS~Which store?  I'm in PA too and might want to do the same :)

False

I freeze mine too and just  leave it in the box. I have done this for years it seems like.

False
    Ilene

I have 15 pounds in the freezer right now, buy when its on sale. just box and all in the freezer, no additional wrapping. Judy

False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Is this just for butter or can you freeze margarine too?

Also do you all just use butter all the time or do you sometimes use margarine too?

False

It was at Quality Markets (10 for $10 - either in the tub or in stick)

False

I freeze both.. butter and margarine.. How are you doing Ann?    bdett

False

Years ago was the first time I froze butter and I had much the same puzzled reaction...you can freeze butter? LOL

Yup, I do it all the time too.  We buy ours from Sam's or Costco and I've never had a problem!

False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

Hi! Thank you all for your responses...I was curious cuz my Mom asked me, told her I wasn't sure.  But I told her I knew where to ask!! Big Smile  Will have to call her tomorrow and tell her what you all told me.  Maybe she'll want me to get her a couple of boxes. ;)

bdett - Hi!  Haven't been home for the past few days, went down to see Mom.  Really haven't gotten together with her since Christmas. 

Thank you again!!!
    Ann

False

One more question...does it separate when it thaw? 

False

You can not tell the difference, I thaw it in the frig a pound at a time, At a sale like that I'de buy 20 pounds, around here regular price is almost $4.00 a pound, I use just butter. There's just DH and I . Last week they had Darigold Brand for 2 for $4,00.Judy

False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Butter doesn't seperate, nor does stick margarine.  I can't tell ya about tub margarine, I've never frozen that.  I buy butter when I get to Super Walmart or Wegmans, it's $1.69 to $1.89 lb there all the time.  Locally it runs as high as $4 lb.  They tell me you can freeze ricotta cheese too with good results, but I haven't tried that either.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Freeze it all the time..  Just be sure that it's thawed before you melt it in the microwave, or cover it good!!  It will POP!

False