I love, love, LOVE McDonald's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - is there a clone out there?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

I love, love, LOVE McDonald's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - is there a clone out there??

Last post Oct 25, 2013 5:28 PM by nmc9264 . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • I love, love, LOVE McDonald's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - is there a clone out there??

These cookies are so darn good!!  It tastes like there is toffee bits or something similar in there - they are chewy and delicious.  Would love to be able to make them at home.

Thanks

Kathleen

False
  • Re: I love, love, LOVE McDonald's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - is there a clone out there??

I'd re interested in this too. I also love the Oatmeal Raisin cookies they sell at BJs if anybody knows this one.

Barb

False
  • Re: I love, love, LOVE McDonald's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - is there a clone out there??

I don't have a recipie, but I'd like to know too. I also like the ones from Subway.I'm guessing McDonalds and Subway use the same prefab batter. Would love to bake some up. I'm sure it would be alot cheaper.

False

Kathleen, I've never had one. I'll have to stop by tomorrow and taste one to see if I can clone it. Oh, what I won't do for this BB. Lol!  If I come close I'll let you know.

chefly 

False

I haven't tried either one yet! Think I'll join you chefly for that cookie!

Here is a recipe I have don't even remember where it came from.  My changes are in ().  I must say with the toffee  you really cannot taste the toffee but it definitely gives a certain flavor to the cookie that it would not otherwise have.  I think I'd personally like to plump up the raisins first also by covering with boiling water for like 20 minutes or so. These are soft and chewy cookies....

piggykins

Oatmeal Raisin Toffee Cookies

"The toffee candy make this cookie VERY addictive!

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

(1/2 teaspoon Salt)

3 cups rolled oats

1 cup raisins

1 cup crushed toffee candy /bits(4 Skor Bars - crushed)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon (and salt); stir into the creamed mixture. Blend in the oatmeal and toffee bits(skor bars). Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe yield's about 4 dozen 

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

Piggykins, this is the same recipe that I have used for years, except I usually use chopped pecans instead of the toffee. I'll have to try this.  I do plump the raisins in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then put in a strainer and drain.  I press out as much water as I can. It sure makes a difference to plump them for just about any recipe.

~Carolyn

False

Oh do I agree with you on the raisins.  Now I'll have to try your suggestion sometime on the chopped pecans! I also made the recipe with the chips once, thought they were toffee and they wer cinnamon  and they still were great imho anyway....

piggykins

False

Piggykins I don't know how close your cookies are, but they sound really good too. Thanks for posting. I'm going to copy it for later. I must be craving comfort food tonight, because I was drooling over the bread pudding thread. I really shouldn't have logged on, I'm trying to lose weight LOL!

False

cookguy I know what you mean about comfort food.  It seems like it's been a long winter.  I've been drooling over so many recipes lately that I've had to wipe off the computer lately! As far as not logging on come on now - you can be tortured as much as we are! I also can relate to the weight issue as I lost over 100 pounds 2o years ago and it isn'''t easy being here with all these great recipes either - but a person has to eat and why not eat something that is going to taste good?....

piggykins

False

piggykins, your recipe sounds very yummy. I have a favorite oatmeal-raisin cookie but it doesn't have toffee bits. It is a chewy cookie though. I'll have to try yours. I've been craving oatmeal cookies lately and our dessert selection is getting pretty low.

I'd love to have you join me at McD's. We will taste test this together and you can say how close your recipe is and how we should clone one.

chefly 

False

Make sure you bring yours also! It wouldn't be fair just to bring mine - I haven't tasted yours either you know.  I'd like you to post your recipe too please! I'll pay for the coffee too - I'll meet you there!....

piggykins

False

Here is the ingredient list. They have cornflakes and coconut in them. All-purpose flour that contains malted barley flour, white sugar,  margarine, rolled oats, brown sugar, raisins, eggs, cornflakes, sweetened coconut, artificial vanilla flavor, baking soda and baking powder and caramel color. It doesn't look like they have toffee bits as they aren't listed or even hidden in other ingredients. They have 6 gm of fat and 1.5 of them are trans fat.

They have much more white sugar than brown sugar and less oats than flour.

I hope this helps. chefly. 

Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, margarine [liquid palm oil, soybean oil, water, salt, whey, mono- and diglycerides, sodium benzoate (preservative), artificial flavor, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color)], rolled oats, brown sugar, raisins, eggs, corn flakes (milled corn, sugar, malt flavoring, salt, high fructose corn syrup, reduced iron, thiamin hydrochloride, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin), sweetened coconut [desiccated coconut, sugar, water, propylene glycol and sodium metabisulfite (preservatives)], artificial vanilla flavor (vanillin, ethyl vanillin), caramel color, leavening (baking soda, sodium phosphate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate, salt). CONTAINS: WHEAT, MILK, EGGS AND TREE NUTS (COCONUT)

False

Do you buy them or make them from scratch?  The cornflakes would make them yummy! If you buy them what kind are they? Also did you see I wrote you twice in your apple butter post....

piggykins

False

You've got a date for the coffee and cookies!

Here is the recipe I use and it is my favorite as you can see from my review.

The only brand of oatmeal cookie I will buy is Matt's. They are chewy, delicious and not filled with lots of chemicals. They also have no trans fat. They are in the regular cookie section. The brand Aldi's sells might even be made by Matt's because the ingredients are almost if not identical.

Rarely do I buy cookies, homemade are so much better and better for you.

chefly 

False

OK! We're on for coffee then.  I have never heard of Matt's - guess I'll have to look.  As far as Aldi's we have one store like 20-25 miles from here and the other one is 45 miles from here.

I deeply agree with you about homemade.  They are just so much better!....

piggykins

False