Opinions on cooking Pork Chops and Rice in 4 qt. Nesco roaster oven | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Opinions on cooking Pork Chops and Rice in 4 qt. Nesco roaster oven

Last post Apr 19, 2008 1:56 PM by char3bc . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Opinions on cooking Pork Chops and Rice in 4 qt. Nesco roaster oven

Here's my basic recipe............

Pork Chops, seasoned and browned

2 cups rice

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 pkg dry onion soup

3-4 cups water

Combine rice and soups, place in pan. Top with chops. Cover and bake 325' 1 1/2 hours.

Its quite warm today and I'd rather not light the oven. Can I do this in a Nesco on the countertop?

Thanks

False
  • Re: Opinions on cooking Pork Chops and Rice in 4 qt. Nesco roaster oven

I don't have one of those roasters but you have plenty of liquid and at that temp it should work out fine .If it doesn't, please don't hurt me, LOL!

It should be fine and sounds delicious! 

Carol

False

Click for Saline, Michigan Forecast

• Re: Opinions on cooking Pork Chops and Rice in 4 qt. Nesco roaster oven

Foodguy.  I am not familiar with a Nesco.  BUT.  I have done this recipe in a crockpot many times.  I used to live in a mobile home that got so stinkin hot in the summer, that I cooked most my meals in the crockpot or BBQ.  I didn't even want the heat of the crockpot in my kitchen, so I would either do it outside (depending if we had an animal or not at that time) or I would put it into my spare room and close the door.  Anything to keep it from getting any hotter.

I have a BBQ with really good temp control, and I have used it many many times instead of my oven.  I watch the temp carefully, and I have baked bread in it, I have made my DD's birthday cake in it.  If you can control the temp, it makes an awesome oven.

P.S. I am jealous.  We have an arctic winter front right now, and with the windchill, it is -17º out there!!!!  Oh, and snow of course!

False