How long to cook a 7 lb turkey breast?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long to cook a 7 lb turkey breast??

Last post Apr 20, 2008 4:48 PM by jaysbamnj . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • How long to cook a 7 lb turkey breast??

Hi all.....I have a turkey breast that is just under 7 lbs.  How long should I cook it for and what temp?  I usually make them in the crock pot, but this one was too big to fit!

Thank you so much for replies.

False
  • Re: How long to cook a 7 lb turkey breast??

Turkey Breast Roasting Times

|     |     |
     Turkey Breast Roasting Times

Roasting times may vary greatly, depending on a number of variables that affect the cooking time such as the shape of the turkey breast, the proportion of meat to bone, the variations in different ovens, the altitude, and if the turkey is fresh or frozen and then thawed. Adding the confusion is that almost every source providing roasting times is different from one another. Listed below are roasting times that can be used as a general guideline. However, the only true gauge for determining proper doneness is with a meat thermometer. The breast must reach an internal temperature of 170°F.

A shallow baking pan will yield the best results when roasting a turkey breast, allowing air to flow completely around the turkey breast.

Roasting Times for a Turkey Breast Cooked in a 325°F Conventional Oven
    Weight Unstuffed Stuffed
    2 to 3 pounds 1½ to 2 hours not generally applicable
    4 to 6 pounds 1½ to 2¼ hours not generally applicable
    7 to 8 pounds 2¼ to 3¼ hours 3 to 4 hours

Note: Using a convection oven will cut as much as 25% off the cooking times list above.
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Thank you, Alliea........Printed the chart for today & the future.....Tracey

False

Hi DD Tracey......why didn't you invite Rich and me for your turkey dinner?????? LOLOL. Rich is playing trains and I am going to take a nap. Rob will be bringing you 2 cans of cranberry sauce. Talk later. Save me some turkey for a sandwich ok?

Love.....your mommy

False