OT: Bread Thrift stores in SC, does anyone know of them around Charleston? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Bread Thrift stores in SC, does anyone know of them around Charleston?

Last post Jun 08, 2008 1:16 PM by dangit . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • OT: Bread Thrift stores in SC, does anyone know of them around Charleston?

I have looked and looked on line on the internet for the thrift stores in SC or the name of bread companies there, but for the life of me, I cannot find where there are listings for them. Does anyone have any idea of the stores in Charleston or the name of the breads that are distributed there? Our youngest son and his wife have moved there recently and our son said he would love to find a outlet store if possible to purchase bread at discount rates. I said I would ask here and see? You all always come through, how about this time? *grin* Thanks for any help, Connie

False
  • Re: OT: Bread Thrift stores in SC, does anyone know of them around Charleston?

I don't live in that area, so I can't answer your question.  Last Saturday, I went to the Thrift bread store which is less than 3 miles from home.  It is the only one within almost an hour of here.  I had to stand in line to check out.  The place was doing an incredible business!  I'm sure it's due to rising prices in the regular stores, even though Aldi and Walmart are close to the thrift store. 

False
  • Re: OT: Bread Thrift stores in SC, does anyone know of them around Charleston?

Merita Bakery has a thrift store in Charleston:

Merita Thrift Store

641 Saint Andrews Blvd
    Charleston, SC 29407

False

Ladies thanks so much for trying to help me and for again posting a address for one, I sure do appreciate it, will look up on the map and see how far it would be for the kids to drive, we took them a deep freeze so I know they do have a place to freeze some bread up. Thanks again so very much!! Hugs, Connie

False

SeaWench, apparently that store no longer  exist at that address, the kids said they tried to find it and all that was there were some doctors office or something. Connie

False