What to serve with hot wings? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to serve with hot wings?

Last post Jun 11, 2008 11:50 AM by Tootnoot . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • What to serve with hot wings?

My husband is making grilled hot wings for the first time tonight. He has them marinading in the freeze and will pop them on the grill this evening. We would like to invite a couple of neighbours over to the patio to share and were wondering what to serve as a side with them.....veggies, dips, etc???  Thanks for your ideas.

False
  • Re: What to serve with hot wings?

Ahhh our favorite food~!!

They are great served w/blue cheese dressing w/cut up celery & carrots, potato salad, mac salad & cole slaw also go nicely.

False

Thanks so much Cittie! I think I will have celery/carrot sticks and potato salad. Re the blue cheese dressing...do you make your own or use store bought. If you make your own would you share the recipe. Thanks again so much for your help.

False

Something "cool" to go with hot wings is always a good idea.  Last time we made them, I had a bag of coleslaw in the fridge...I just follow the recipe on the bag (I know...lazy!!!!).  Cut up veggies like celery and carrots with a ranch dressing dip (ranch dressing mixed with sour cream) or sour cream dip (mixed with fresh dill, a shake of black pepper).

We had some leftover last time...DH took them to work for lunch.  I gave him extra dip and a fe veggies to go with it...just like a carry-out lunch!!  LOL!!

Geeked 

False

I just buy Marie's Blue cheese dressing at the store, we like the xtra chunky Big Smile

By the way what time's dinner? LOL

False

Thanks Sparty! Both you and Cittie suggested cole slaw so I will do as you do and run to the store and get the bag and make it as well. Thanks for your ideas as well.

False

Thanks again Ladies. I am all set; the sun is shining and I am off to the grocery store and then home to make my stuff. I really appreciate you help.

False