What do you do with leftover Taco Shells? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you do with leftover Taco Shells?

Last post Jun 17, 2008 4:29 PM by anemoneme . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • What do you do with leftover Taco Shells?

I have a lot of hard corn taco shells leftover from the weekend. What do you do with them? Can they be frozen? Do you have other uses for them? Please share your ideas.

False
  • Re: What do you do with leftover Taco Shells?

I put them in the freezer and pull them out next time it'sTaco Night.  Warm them about 30 seconds in the microwave.

False

Thanks for the tip. Do they stay crisp when you heat them?

False

I always make enough taco meat to have taco salad the next night and I use the leftover tacos crushed up in the salad. 

I also have found the I like the Ortego shells better than the test I have tried.  They seem sturdier, crisper and have a wider opening.

Barb

False

You could break them up and use as the base for nachos. That's what I do in a pinch.

BJ

False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

Great ideas. Thanks Barb & Bonnieq!

False

I just throw ours into a ziploc baggy in the cupboard.  To re-crisp them I either microwave them or if the oven is already on, throw them in the oven for a couple minutes.  They crisp right up. 

False

Your info certainly helps me out. I was wondering if they would get soggy if I refrigerated them (or froze them). I have been just tossing them out after putting them in a plastic bag if I don't use them in a few days. Thank you.

False