Recipe for deep fried corn Nuggets | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe for deep fried corn Nuggets

Last post Jun 25, 2008 3:10 PM by Janra . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Recipe for deep fried corn Nuggets

Does anyone have a recipe for deep fried corn nuggets?  I would love to try some at home....Thanks for your help......

Eleanor Cain from Florida

False
  • Re: Recipe for deep fried corn Nuggets

I had thought about trying to make some myself instead of buying them from the grocery because I want them baked instead of deepfried. I was thinking of using creamstyle corn, an egg, a little sugar ( actually something like corn pudding) Then dropping by teaspoons full on a cookie sheet, freezing them, and then breading them. Putting back in the freezer and then when using, just pop them into the oven at a high heat and baking them. I think it would work. Havn't tried it yet, been too busy, but maybe someone else has a real recipe for you.

False
  • Re: Recipe for deep fried corn Nuggets

Corn Nuggets
    Submitted by: JERS
    Rated: 2 out of 5 by 13 members
    Prep Time: 20 Minutes
    Cook Time: 15 Minutes
    Ready In: 35 Minutes
    Yields: 20 servings

"Deep fried corn nuggets--make 'em at home!"
    INGREDIENTS:

1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
    1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel
    corn, with liquid
    1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 egg white
    2 tablespoons milk
    salt and pepper to taste
    3 cups vegetable oil for deep
    frying

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and drained whole kernel corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
    2. Heat one inch of oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large deep skillet, or fill a deep-fryer with oil as directed by the manufacturer.
    3. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.

False