What pizza cheese makes it "stringy"???? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What pizza cheese makes it "stringy"????

Last post Jul 09, 2008 4:21 PM by ScottsGrace . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • What pizza cheese makes it "stringy"????

I make pizza every Friday night and would like to know what kind of cheese will make it stringy???  I use mozzarella and never get it stringy.

BTW ~ I make my own dough and sauce...

Thanks,

Joyce

False
  • Re: What pizza cheese makes it "stringy"????

Will you please post your recipe!

For the stingyness try taking string cheese and shredding it or try shredded provolone, just my opinon....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

Thanks I will try different cheeses...

Here are my recipes

...I found this dough recipe here.....and have not used anything else since:

Posted by: Maddymoo Replies: 14 Posted on: 2/18/2003 9:53:03 AM
    #T143274

1 1/4 cups water
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon cornmeal
    3 cups bread flour
    2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast

put this in the bread machine on the manual/dough cycle. at the end of the cycle punch down the dough and let rest 5 min. roll out the dough to the shape of your pan, and put in pan, top as desired

bake at 425 for at least 15 min. until cheese is well melted, and browned.

For the Sauce I saute garlic in a little olive oil, I add a small can of tomato paste and water until I get the consistancy I want......now a add a little brown sugar to take the tartness out of the paste...I don't measure anything...

Joyce

False

what about trying different types of mozzerella cheese?? i was thinking maybe something from the fresh part of the deli??? just a thought anyhow... i always thought it was the mozza that made it stringie... now you've got me thinking!  LOL

False

Yum. Thank you! I'll  give the recipe a try.

As far as the  cheese goes I use string cheese alot for the stringyness.  Heck I even use it for quick stuffed manicotti and it's easy and good....

piggykins

False

I have never thought of sting cheese....I sometime half that length wise and roll it on the ends of the dough....making.....stuffed crust!!!

I may have to try it on top!

Deli/fresh mozzarella... i can give that a try also...

At work on Fridays the boss takes the office out for lunch, he loves pizza so we always go to the same pizza place.....their cheese pizza is so stingy and good, I can't believe it is just mozzarella.  I may have to ask next time I go (I usually take the option to leave early).

False

Hi Joyce, I asked that same question here about 2/3 years ago. Anyway, a long time ago. I was also told to try Provolone and various other cheese combos. I never found anything that tasted or looked like what I had at our local pizza place when I was growing up. The closest thing I found was the fresh, soft mozzarella that I find at Wal-Mart. I mix it with the shredded you buy in a bag. I really like the taste of the soft mozzarella.

False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey

Thanks,

I  will be a few different cheeses and see what stretches....

I like soft mozzarella also...so I will try both on my pizza. 

I wouldn't think it should be that hard to find a cheese to stretch.

Thank you to all!!

Joyce

False

Stuffed crust yum! Please let us know what you think works the best OK?! I'd love to know the answer to that one.  I also know A(forgot to mention) but it seems like the low moisture shredded motzerella works good - well at least on my manicotti it does.  I'll be waiting to hear your results.  That was a good question you asked....

piggykins

False

I combine shredded Mozz and shredded Provolone and it's always nice and stringy...but I use lots of cheese and I know that helps with the stringyness!! YUM!

Shannon

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.