ISO: your best recipe for baked beans | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: your best recipe for baked beans

Last post Jul 15, 2008 8:58 PM by fancyb . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • ISO: your best recipe for baked beans

using can beans.  anybody have one to share??

THANKS

False
  • Re: ISO: your best recipe for baked beans
    Posted by: Depo Posted on: 5/17/2005 5:17:47 PM
    #R5730643

Depos Favorite Baked Beans:
    2 cans pork n beans
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup catsup
    1/2 cup Coca Cola
    1 small onion,diced
    2 tsp. dry mustard
    2 strips bacon,cut into 1 in. pieces
    Mix the beans,brown sugar,catsup,Coca Cola,onion and dry mustard and place in a casserole dish.Dot with the bacon.Bake at 300 for 1 1/2-2 hrs. Depo!!!
    False

Our family has used this recipe for many years.

"DOCTORED UP" BEANS

4 Strips bacon, cut up

1 large onion, chopped

2   31 ounce cans pork and beans

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/4 c catsup

1/2 c brown sugar

1 "drizzle" molasses

Heat oven to 300°. Sauté bacon and onion until onion is tender, drain.

Stir in beans, mustard, catsup, brown sugar and molasses. Bake in a greased 3 quart casserole, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours or until beans are brown and bubbly. Serve hot.

False

Cubbybear's Bake Beans

1(29oz)can pork And beans

1/2 Cup packed brown sugar

1/2 Cup Ketchup

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350

2.In a casserole dish,combine beans,brown sugar,ketchup,and worcestershire sauce.

3.Bake in the preheated 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

False
    In loving memory of Suzy

Hi there!

Here is my recipe for baked beans.  They are delicious and many people have asked me for the recipe.

Baked Beans

2 (28oz each) cans Bush's original baked beans

1/2 c ketchup

1/3 c molasses

1/3 c packed brown sugar

2 tsp yellow mustard

2 strips raw bacon

In a large bowl combine all ingredients except bacon.  Stir gently to combine.  Pour into a greased casserole dish.  Place bacon strips on top, cutting in half if you need to make them fit better.  Put a top on the dish and bake in a 350 preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.  Remove top and bake 30 mins longer.  Allow to sit uncovered 10 or so minutes before serving.  ENJOY!!!    If there are any leftovers, they freeze and reheat great.

Kathleen

p.s.  If you try these, let me know what you think

False

I just took Depo's baked beans out of the oven and they're fabulous! This is the first time I'm trying them.

NancyYes

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

Baked Beans

2 small cans pork and beans

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup catsup

1/4 cup molasses

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

4 strips bacon, chopped (optional)

Mix everything together except for the bacon.  Put the bacon around the top.  Bake at 325 for

1 1/2 hours.   

I also double or triple the ingredients and make these in the crockpot on low heat without the bacon.  Then before serving I throw crispy, crumbled bacon across the top. 

Kim 

False

KIM

Hi, here is my recipe for baked beans, we just love them and are asked all of the time to bring them when we have a get together. Ann

Ann’s Baked Beans

4-15ounce cans of Bush’s baked beans (original)1 whole Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage ring cut in half then sliced.½ cup ketchup3 tablespoons of mustard½ cup of brown sugar Mix all together and cook in the crock-pot for 6-7 hours.  (Good for potluck, serves 25-30 people. For 2-4 people1-15ounce of baked beans½ sausage round (you can use less if you want, we like more meat in ours.)¼ cup ketchup1-½ tablespoons of mustard¼ cup brown sugar 

Mix all together and cook in casserole dish in oven preheated to 350.  Cook for 45-60 minutes.  No need to cover.

False

Sunday Night Baked Beans

2 cans Bush's Baked Beans ( your choice )

1/2 lb. ground beef

1/2 lb. sausage

1/4 cup diced onion

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp. barbecue seasoning ( your choice)

2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

Brown ground beef, sausage and onions seasoned with barbecue seasonings.  Drain fat.  In large sauce pan add beans, meat, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.  Simmer until warm, stirring occasionally. 

Hope you enjoy this one.  My family loves it!

False

Hey Depo, what size can of pork and beans do you use?  Any particular brand?

Thanks.  CeCe

False

CeCe,they would be 16 oz. cans and no particular brand. Depo!!!

False

I’ve made Depo beans so many times. I can attest to these as being perfect…..even Senator Easley thought they were the BEST he’d eaten, high praise indeed!

My husband’s grandmother taught me how to make bake beans….molasses and the entire nine yards ~ these are just as good as the scratch ones.

I even use splenda brown sugar and diet coke ~ I take huge amounts of these baked beans to the fire department (2 - 7 pound cans of pork and beans) (I do add a couple teaspoons of liquid smoke to those) and they think Depo is one kick tail cook! Thanks, Depo!!

False

Photobucket

The recipe that I use is a little different. It includes ground beef, and many times people think that sounds odd until they try them. Other than that, they're very similiar to everyone else's recipes, so you know that all of these are going to be winners since we all use similiar stuff, LOL

Here is a recent post I did about them with a review from a friend of mine.

Star's Scrumptious Baked Beans! These are Incredible!

I made these beans to go with hamburgers tonight for dinner. These were EXCELLENT! My whole family loved them, and this WILL be made again for dinner soon! A big Gold friendsandfoodc_Star.gif goes to Star for posting this yummy recipe!!! Thanks Star! 

Nickie

My Post:

We have been making this simple casserole for 30 years at least. The recipe came from a friend of the family whom Theresa and I both babysat for when we were young girls. We always have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and many times for special birthday dinners or other dinners during the year. It is my Brother-in Law's favorite casserole. It smells absolutely delicious while it's baking and it compliments many different meals. It's good with a turkey dinner as one of the side dishes, it's good as a side to a ham dinner, and it's good as a side to anything you grill, hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. It's delicious as an accompaniment to ribs.

To some folks who have never had it, the ground beef sounds odd in it to begin with, but you've got to trust me, once you try it, you will never think so again. You can tweak the amount of each ingredient to get just the flavor you're looking for...a little more sweet or a little more piquant. I never measure anymore, just mix and taste and mix some more. It's hearty enough that you could serve it as a main dish if you liked, but we don't usually do that....it's just one of those things that has it's place on our table and will forever. The bacon was an add in that I started doing later and we don't always use it, but it's good if you decide to.

Baked Beans (Casserole)

1 lb ground beef
    1 large chopped onion
    3 regular sized cans pork and beans
    2 Tbsp yellow mustard (I usually do a bit more)
    2 Tbsp worchestshire (I usually do a bit more)
    3/4 to 1 cup ketchup
    1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
    3 to 4 strips cooked, crumbled bacon (if desired)

Brown ground beef and onion in skillet. Combine with rest of the ingredients in a large casserole and bake in oven for 45 min at 350
    degrees. Casserole should be hot and bubbly when you remove it from the oven.

Star
    False

If you like spicy these are fantabulous~!

Posted by: starshineeliz Replies: 7 Posted on: 7/3/2006 10:22:56 PM
    #T693267
    From Cooking Light:

Honey-Chipotle Baked Beans

Cooking spray
    1/2 cup minced shallots (about 5 ounces)
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1/2 cup tomato puree
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons molasses
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
    2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans

Preheat oven to 300°.
    Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots; sauté 4 minutes or until golden. Add cumin and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato puree and oil, and cook for 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add honey and the next 5 ingredients (through chiles). Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Combine beans and shallot mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 300° for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.

False

Thanks Depo.

CeCe

False