Homemade Dollar Store Hand Lotion | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Homemade Dollar Store Hand Lotion

Last post Sep 18, 2008 4:40 PM by Ann_Marie_PA . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Homemade Dollar Store Hand Lotion

Homemade Dollar Store Hand Lotion

Ingredients

(All these ingredients are Dollar General brand)

* 1 petroleum jelly
        * 1 aloe vera lotion (green bottle)
        * 2 pink baby lotions
        * 2 containers vitamin E cream

Mix with mixer

You can repack in the jars you emptied or buy new ones if you can find them.

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
  • Re: Homemade Dollar Store Hand Lotion

oh, that is just a bit different than the other one. The one I remember was one vitamin E, one baby lotion, and one petroleum jelly. I use that one for my feet. Then I made another one that replaced the petroleum jelly with scented body lotion to use for my hands. These are really good lotions. I'm sure the aloe vera makes it even better for dry skin. Thanks for the update. 

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

I also make the origional recipe, but only use half the amount of Vaseline.  It's just too greasy for me, making it in all equal amounts.

This recipe would be even lighter than that, with the Aloe Vera lotion added.

False

hallo

i agree palmspringsgirl i do not like too greasy lotion for my hands aswell.... i guess if you make your usual recipe and just adda bit aloe vera you will be very happy how smooth and light this mix is going to be.

I make just half of the recipe in general or if i make the whole i give the other half to as gifts to friends...

have a lovely day twinkle

False

Good Morning Twinkle! This is really neat! I would love to try this oneday. ttyl

S

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.

That is a new one for me too.  I have made the 1 1 1 also and it really is great and makes a great gift. :) 

False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

hi ladies

shannon this is done in a sec and a wonderful gift for your family and friends - you can buy very nice reasonable jars or lotion containers ....

have a nice day twinkle

False

This sounds like something fun to try.  I have a couple of questions to ask------------

*What size of petroleum jelly do you buy?   I"m not into the overly greasy feel, so I think I'd probably cut the size in half.

*How much does this make?  Sounds like plenty to share w/ friends/neighbors.

*Is this  thick, something to scoop out with your fingers, or is this something thin enough to be pumped out of a dispenser.  Not sure what type of containers to buy.

Missed the original recipe------would appreciate if someone could share it.  Thanks so much! 

False

This recipe is from Omaje_Calfi. A member said she liked Wal-Mart (Equate)  brand of baby lotion.

False

Put On A Happy Face

This recipe is from Omaje_Calfi. A member said she liked Wal-Mart (Equate)  brand of baby lotion.

Homemade Hand Cream

(You will find all 3 products at the Family Dollar Store.)

1 (16 ounce) jar Clear Basics Vitamin E Skin Cream

1 (13 ounce) jar Petroleum Jelly

1 (15 ounce) bottle Baby Lotion

Mix by hand or with electric beater on medium until creamy.

(I used  a mixer. I like it more creamy rather than "fluffy" so don't whip it too long.)-Omatje Calif

False

Put On A Happy Face

I have made this and found that the baby lotion from Dollar General was strong, but the purple baby lotion (maybe a lavendar mix) was awesome.  I found jars at Hobby Lobby.

False

I just made a new batch day before yesterday.  The formula I copied had equal amounts petroleum jelly, baby oil and vitamen E cream.  I used the lavender baby lotion and added a few drops of lavender oil.  That upped the total cost a bit but I like the fragrance.  Half my family loves this, half think it is too greasy.  I use it all the time. cj

False

Yep, getting to be that time of year for lotions.

False