Green bean bundles, my favorite gr. bean recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Green bean bundles, my favorite gr. bean recipe

Last post Jul 20, 2008 12:17 PM by Alphy3 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Green bean bundles, my favorite gr. bean recipe

I was just preparing these for tonight...so easy to do ahead...and thought I should share this on recipes...I have shared with the low carb post,but not here.  These are simple, and present so beautifully.

Green Bean Bundles

cook uncut green beans about 6 minutes...not quite cooked

Rinse immediately with cold water, to retain color

Microwave strips of bacon in the microwave until not quite done.

Take 8-10 whole beans, and wrap a slice of the bacon around the middle, with the ends on the bottom of the bundle, so the bacon  stays in place...put them into a baking dish 

I sprinkle the littlest bit of soy sauce on each bundle...like 1/4 tsp.  Then about the same amount of brown sugar and the same amount of butter.

Bake 15-20 minutes at 375.

They look so pretty on the plate and they taste good, too!

False
  • Re: Green bean bundles, my favorite gr. bean recipe

These sound great. I do have one question, do you use 1 whole piece of bacon per bundle or do you think I might be able to cut in 1/2 or 1/3rds? Thank-you for sharing and any help.

Jill

False

jilliebean ( I like to write your name...that's what my 7 year old granddaughter uses for her email name)....I use a whole slice of bacon, but if you wish to watch it, a half would surely be enough...just wrap it around!  They look quite elegant on a plate for company....or for your DH!

False

This sounds great Alphy. It would make a nice presentation too.

False

Thank-you for the clarification. I think organic green beans are on sale right now. Can't always afford organic, but when the price is right I will. (actually I usually grow gr. beans, but didn't get to this year) (tmi...lol) Thanks again, great recipe. Jb

(another tmi- I used to use the screen name of jd_az, then Nancy on the bb kept calling me this, so changed it to the fun name.)

False

and Jill, if you check this again...where in AZ are you?  we are in Mesa for 5-6 months...in Fountain of the Sun on Broadway and Sossaman.  Are you our neighbor?

False

Hi, I'm in the southern part of the state~ Sierra Vista area. It's about 3 hrs away. Are you familiar with this area?

Yikes, you're the opposite of our snow birds, you must be warm. (lol, hot) Gotta get off the computer for now, but may I ask why you're visiting this time of year? We're 10-15 degrees cooler

: ^ )

False

I am a real "duh" today....I just reread my post, does sound as though we are there now.  No, we go to AZ in mid Oct....return to Iowa for Thanksgiving through Christmas, then return to AZ until May sometime.  Hope my head is on right now!!!

False

Lol, it could have been taken either way, for some reason I took it wrong way. Now that makes more sense. We may be visiting your area next summer for a family reunion. My dh is from Iowa.

Anywho, do you know where Sierra Vista is? Very nice area.

False

I don't know where Sierra Vista is, I am going to look it up on the map...DH will, he loves to do that sort of thing.  Where in Iowa?  We are in Clarion, 50 miles north of Ames...I doctor in Ames.  Just came from MN....and about 20 miles away, a little town of Kanawha...they were all in the streets cleaning up, a tornado had gone through there..no homes damaged, but trees!  whew.

False

We're on the very southern border. Dh is from Winfield/ Burlington/ Mt. Pleasant/ Olds, all in that area. He's looking on a map now to see how close they are to you. Ah, you're in the middle of the state.

False

Jilliebean...I graduated from HS in Mt Pleasant, many years ago, had many friends (guys) from Winfield. Small world. I now live about 60 miles NW of Des Moines.

Sue in Iowa

False

Isn't that amazing. Dh graduated from Winfield/ Mt Union Community High School. Ceeare/ Connee is from that area too.

Nifty! He graduated in 1965.

False

Sue, in Mount Pleasant, did you know Linda....I am not sure what her maiden name was, her dad was a dentist there...maybe something like Kohls....no, that's not it.  She married Ray Miller, a teacher.  They were good friends of ours.  Also had a young friend who taught in Winfield...married a Lindner..Linder?

False

Was it Garrels? I graduated with her sister Becky. I was in the class of 72. I knew a Jerry Linder from Winfield.

Sue in Iowa

False