Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

Last post Mar 29, 2011 4:17 PM by Lisbeth Hipolito . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

Our local Wal-mart only had white and I'm making mints for a shower this weekend and would like a little color!

False
  • Re: Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

I have colored them, but I used the paste???? or gel??? I think you could use the food coloring too, just make sure you don't make it too runny that they won't set up.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Thanks Jet! They had some coloring gel there too but it said it was for icing so I didn't know if I could use it with the melts or not! I suppose I can try it and if it doesn't work we'll just have white mints!

False

the kind I used was from WM and it was back with the wedding/candy melt Wilton stuff. it was in a container that had a screw on lid, and I just dipped a toothpick in the coloring and would mix it in the melts until I got the color I wanted. It doesn't take a whole lot of coloring......

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Be very careful!  I've never tried to color them, but I know if you get just a teensy bit of water in melted chocolate you get a nasty mess that doesn't even come close to resembling chocolate! 

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I have no idea but how was your boyfriend, the singer Jack is his name?

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

He was amazing!! It as an awesome concert and a really fun trip. I posted pics of it over in KC!

False

Thanks, I'll try to look for it later or tomorrow.

NancySmile

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
    hi... i try to color the candy with paste coloring and it was horrible, it keep on burning and it got so hard.. help how can i do this right... i have the paste coloring from wilton, and also the food coloring in liquid also from wilton and candy melts from wilton.... can some one tell how to do this... i need to be perfect for my little girls birthday party, on april 24.
    False