Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

Last post Mar 29, 2011 4:17 PM by Lisbeth Hipolito . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

Our local Wal-mart only had white and I'm making mints for a shower this weekend and would like a little color!

False
  • Re: Can I use food coloring to color Wilton Candy Melts?

I have colored them, but I used the paste???? or gel??? I think you could use the food coloring too, just make sure you don't make it too runny that they won't set up.

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Thanks Jet! They had some coloring gel there too but it said it was for icing so I didn't know if I could use it with the melts or not! I suppose I can try it and if it doesn't work we'll just have white mints!

False

the kind I used was from WM and it was back with the wedding/candy melt Wilton stuff. it was in a container that had a screw on lid, and I just dipped a toothpick in the coloring and would mix it in the melts until I got the color I wanted. It doesn't take a whole lot of coloring......

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Be very careful!  I've never tried to color them, but I know if you get just a teensy bit of water in melted chocolate you get a nasty mess that doesn't even come close to resembling chocolate! 

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I have no idea but how was your boyfriend, the singer Jack is his name?

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

He was amazing!! It as an awesome concert and a really fun trip. I posted pics of it over in KC!

False

Thanks, I'll try to look for it later or tomorrow.

NancySmile

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
    hi... i try to color the candy with paste coloring and it was horrible, it keep on burning and it got so hard.. help how can i do this right... i have the paste coloring from wilton, and also the food coloring in liquid also from wilton and candy melts from wilton.... can some one tell how to do this... i need to be perfect for my little girls birthday party, on april 24.
    False