To Die for Crock Pot Pork Chops | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

To Die for Crock Pot Pork Chops

Last post Sep 30, 2008 8:03 PM by avidcookGA . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • To Die for Crock Pot Pork Chops

To Die for Crock Pot Pork Chops

7¼ hours | 8 min prep |
    SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin chops
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    salt and pepper

Directions
    1 Combine cream of mushroom soup, 1/3 can water, softened cream cheese and garlic in a bowl.
    2 Stir out most of the lumps, but the rest will cook out.
    3 Pour in bottom of crock pot.
    4 Put pork chops on top of mixture.
    5 Add liberal amounts of salt and pepper. I'm usually heavy handed!
    6 Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
    7 Serve over slices of warm bread or pasta of your choice.
    8 Pork chops will fall apart.So tender you can cut with a spoon!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 (300g)

Recipe makes 4 servings

Calories 504
    Calories from Fat 305 (60%)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Total Fat 34.0g 52%
    Saturated Fat 16.9g 84%
    Monounsaturated Fat 10.3g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3g
    Trans Fat 0.1g
    Cholesterol 159mg 53%
    Sodium 928mg 38%
    Potassium 886mg 25%
    Total Carbohydrate 6.5g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
    Sugars 1.2g
    Protein 41.8g 83%

False
  • Re: To Die for Crock Pot Pork Chops

Has anyone tried this? I would love a recipe that actually make the chops tender.

False

This looks good.  I think I am going to try this today with chicken and will probably also add some onions and green and red peppers.  I'll report back on my experiment.  Thanks Salsa for the recipe. 

False

What a Great sounding combo.Thanks for sharing the recipe.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

bump

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Checking back in to say my alteration of the recipe turned out wonderful.  I had a large chicken breast which I cut in half (bonelss/skinless).  I used 1/2 can mushroom soup and 1/2 of an 8 oz cream cheese.  I added about 1/4 of an onion (vidalia I had open) 1/2 each of red and green pepper chopped.  Put all in the crock pot and cooked about 4 hours.  I have a 2 qt one that cooks hot.  My chix breast was a bit frosty as I had thawed some in micro but not all the way so I started on high for about an hour and turned to low for another 2/1/2 to 3 and chix was done and tender so took off to hold until dinner when I warmed in the oven.  I served with mashed new red potatoes.  Very very very good.  I think I will make this in a slow oven next time so I don't have to worry about over cooking but will definitely make it again.  I am also anxious to try the pork chops as written but will cut down the recipe to make for two.  Wonderful gravy. 

False

Thanks for the review.  I have some pork chops in the freezer thast I want to use before we move and this sounds just the thing.  I will probably use the homemade mix for cream soup and add mushrooms, hopefully that will cut down on some of the fat and sodium.

False

I have one , I got it out of one of the Cracker Barrel cook book.. You take 4 to 5 pork chops and flour and brown in a skillet with enough  oil to brown and you put pork chops in  crock pot and pour 1 to 2 cans of chicken and rice over them and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours .They are called Finger Lickin' Pork chops ..  they really are !!!

Shelia

False
    orignalred /Shelia

This looks great.

Thanks, salsa.

False

I am making this right now but with some changes.  I browned my pork chops (frozen).  Then put them on a bed of sliced sweet onions in the crock pot.  I used 2 cans of the Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup and garlic and a tub of the whipped cream cheese to save calories (I've read other people used fat free but I didn't have that) and some water.  I poured the sauce on top b/c I forgot to put it on the bottom.  I'm new to crock pot cooking, so am excited to see how this turns out.  I used three 5-oz pork chops.  I will have lots of left over gravy but assuming we eat one serving of gravy per chop it is 592 cals and 36 grams of fat (83% of a day's allotment) per serving even with the substitutions!  Oh well.   I should have used fat free cream cheese and only one can of soup and it would have been 482 cals and 15 grams of fat.  Live and learn.  I'm sure it will be delish though.

False

red_savage1

Has anyone tried this? I would love a recipe that actually make the chops tender.

Here you go. (Click name to see the recipe in a new window.)

Pork Chop Dinner recipe

"Family and friends call me the "Crock-Pot Queen," reveals Janet Phillips of Meadville, Pennsylvania. "Of my many slow-cooked specialties, this is my husband's favorite."

False

Just copied this one...I love anything that will make chops tender..boy I just might make this tonight..thanks for sharing.......yummoooooo

False
    Photobucket

I think you could easily substitute pork chops for the chicken in this recipe.  

RE: REC; CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN

Cream Cheese Chicken

4 pounds Chicken pieces without skin -- (can use any pieces of chicken you like)
    2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine -- melted
    1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1 ounce dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix -- low salt ( I use an envelope of Good Seasons)
    1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
    8 ounces Cream Cheese -- cubed
    1/2 cup Chicken Broth
    1 large Onion -- chopped
    2 tablespoons Chicken Broth -- to cook onion
    2 cloves Garlic -- minced

OVEN RECIPE
    Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into serving size pieces. Sprinkle with dry salad dressing mix. Brown chicken in skillet and a little butter. Remove chicken to casserole dish. Add the onion to the skillet and brown. Add other ingredients to skillet to make sauce. Pour sauce over the chicken, cover and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Serve over noodles or rice.

STOVETOP RECIPE
    Prepare as for oven recipe, browning chicken in skillet. Remove chicken, add onions and sauté . Add other sauce ingredients, return chicken to skillet with the sauce. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Serve over noodles or rice.

CROCKPOT
    Brush chicken with butter and layer in crock pot with dry Italian seasoning mix sprinkled on each layer. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. About 45 minutes before done, brown the onion in the chicken broth and then add the cream cheese, soup, salt & pepper and remaining chicken broth to the saucepan. Add the minced garlic and stir all ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes. Remove chicken to platter and stir sauce before putting in gravy bowl. Serve over noodles or rice.

False