Best Blueberry Crisp | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Best Blueberry Crisp

Last post Sep 15, 2008 12:00 PM by starshineeliz_ . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Best Blueberry Crisp
    Best Blueberry Crisp

user posted image

From Recipezaar:

I made Best Blueberry Crisp a few weeks ago for a summer barbecue. Not the best picture, but it was a delicious recipe!
    Best Blueberry Crisp

By: KITTENCAL

One of the best recipes and I have tryed many over the years, it also works well using frozen blueberries --- this is wonderful served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
    SERVES 8

1 quart fresh blueberries (about 4 cups)
    3/4 cup sugar (or (to taste)
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup water
    2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup rolled oat
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
    Set oven to 350 degrees F.
    Prepare a 13 x 9" baking dish.

Spread the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
    In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice; cook and stir until thick and clear, then add in the vanilla.
    Pour over, then gently stir in the cooked mixture with the blueberries.
    In a bowl combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
    Add in the melted butter to the oat mixture; mix until crumbly, then sprinkle over the top of blueberries, as evenly as you can (there will be a couple of empty spots).
    Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until blueberry mixture bubbles, and the topping is brown.
    Serve with icecream-- enjoy!

Reviews from Recipezaar:
    I am not a fan of blueberry crisp but even I liked this recipe. My family and friends went crazy for this recipe. Very easy to make and smells divine. Great recipe Kittencal!

Very good. I doubled the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. I like extra filling. Made it for a crowd. Everyone was pleased.

So good! I made it last night for a family treat. We had it with vanilla icecream. My husband said it was the best dessert I had ever made! It is a great recipe. Just note that the brown sugar goes in with the topping ingredients, not in the saucepan. I almost goofed! Thanks for this recipe!

Star
    False
  • Re: Best Blueberry Crisp

Our bb plants did well this summer so I have plenty in the freezer. Will definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks.

False
  • Re: Best Blueberry Crisp

Stick out tongue

False