Amish Wedding Cake (from GMA in Ohio)--looking for recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Amish Wedding Cake (from GMA in Ohio)--looking for recipe

Last post Sep 17, 2008 3:08 PM by Ruth_MO . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Amish Wedding Cake (from GMA in Ohio)--looking for recipe

This morning on GMA, they were broadcasting from a farm in Ohio and had three recipes.  One was for an Amish Wedding Cake which they said was a date and nut cake.  GMA didn't post this recipe but I did find the other two.  Does anyone know what this recipe is?  It sure looked good.

Lou

False
  • Re: Amish Wedding Cake (from GMA in Ohio)--looking for recipe

Usually they post the recipes on their website, maybe not this time.  Did you check.  It sounds good, let us know if you find it.  I will be watching.

False

I think around here they usually make something like a fruit cake??

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

Yes, I checked the website site this morning and only two of the three recipes were posted.  They posted the one for Corn Fritters and Amish Apple Dumplings, but not the Amish Wedding Cake.  I have just looked again, and there are a lot of comments from people wanting the wedding cake recipe too.  It is made with dates and nuts, and it still is not posted.  I will keep checking back tomorrow and see if they will post it.  If so, I'll post it here for everyone.  I did check the search of TOH and there were recipes, but not resembling what was on GMA this morning. 
    False

I found that Amish Wedding Cake is called Date and Nut Pudding also.

Here is a recipe I found

Date and Nut Pudding

INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup white sugar1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1/2 cup milk1/2 teaspoon salt1 cup pitted dates1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder2 cups packed brown sugar2 cups water5 tablespoons butter
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
    2. Combine the sugar, flour, milk, salt, dates, nut, vanilla and baking powder and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
    3. In a saucepan over medium heat combine the brown sugar, water and butter or margarine and bring to boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over batter.
    4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minute or until the cake tests done. Serve warm with whipped cream.
    False
    License

Thanks Peanuts,  this sounds like maybe its the one or close to it. 

False

Yumm! That sounds good!

False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

This sounds so good I am going to try it soon, thanks for posting it

False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.