Rec: Bacon Wrapped Pretzels~~wow! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rec: Bacon Wrapped Pretzels~~wow!

Last post Sep 26, 2008 5:53 PM by bkiebel . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Rec: Bacon Wrapped Pretzels~~wow!

Bacon Wrapped Pretzels

Do not proceed if you are looking for a low fat or low calorie dish - but if you want a real treat - keep going!

1 package of bacon - hickory, maple, etc. - Just not thick cut
    1 or 2 cups Brown Sugar - depends on your taste
    Several shakes (3 Tbs) Red Chili Powder
    Dash or two or three Cayenne Pepper
    1 Package Pretzel Rods

Directions: Break the pretzels in half for appetizer bites, but whole rods are good too. If you halve the pretzel, I would recommend to halve the bacon too. Unless you are having a bacon craving and you want the entire piece.

Mix sugar, chili powder & cayenne together in a dish
    Coat each strip of bacon on both sides
    Wrap the bacon around the pretzel

Place the delicious treat on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet or roasting pan.

Purpose: by placing the bacon on top of a rack, the renderings (ie: fat/grease) will drop into the baking sheet, leaving the bacon to crisp and your oven clean.

Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until bacon cooks and appears crisp.

Easy clean up: Your baking sheet will come out of the oven looking like a candy coated mess. Don't worry--- just place the pan in hot water and the caramel bacon yucky stuff will melt away. (Not true about the fat on our thighs after eating the entire batch of bacon pretzels).

source: http://www.creative-culinary.com/meats-bacon-wrapped-pretzels.asp

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

• Re: Rec: Bacon Wrapped Pretzels~~wow!

Yum, this is like the bacon wrapped bread sticks, but better. Thanks! I can't wait to try these.

False

Gee thanks Jolene. Bad enough I ate half that bacon brittle by myself, now you give me candied bacon and pretzels lol!

False

WOW Jolene,these sound so good I will be making these.Thank You.~Betty

False
    I did the Paula Deen bread sticks like this--instead of the seasonings, she used parmesan cheese between the bread stick and the bacon...sounded good since I had tried her Ritz cracker dealies...well, in order to get the bacon to be cooked (hate raw fat and meat), then the bread stick got too dark. Did you have any problems like this with the pretzels, or did you wind the bacon the whole length of the pretzel? I used thin bacon. Thanks for sharing!
    False

Great Idea.  Thanks! I do the appy's for Thanksgiving so I think I'll give these a try. Any idea how far in advance I could make them?

False

Sounds good. Thanks

Brenda

False
    Photobucket

Sorry I didn't get back to you all yesterday, it was date day and I get the evil eye if I get near the computer   :)    

I had a hard time getting this one to paste correctly from the webpage, and I forgot to note that I haven't tried it yet.    I do have bacon that I got this week to make a Kraft Food & Family sloppy joe recipe, so will have to see if I can run out and find some pretzel rods   :)

Sorry Footsie, I think we'll both be in Bacon Lover's Anon before long!

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

How cute ~  Thanks JoleneCoffee ~  Think I'd line the sheet with parchament paper first.  That certainly will save one big old mess~   Janie

Date Day sounds sooooooo cute~  Love it~

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

This recipe is from my website; I am building a new business selling home decor and wine themed items at www.vinoluci.com and looked at my statistics for www.creative-culinary.com to see where I should best place an ad and found this page is at the top of the list of pages viewed and your address is indicated in my statistics as an outside referrer.

So, ladies, take it from the source...these are just sooooo good. My friend Stacy first brought them to a girls nite out event I annually host and they disappeared. We love our share of gourmet foods, but whenever we're getting a group together with Stacy, she knows what will be requested.

I did read the one mention that someone might try parchment paper to catch the mess; I would be a bit concerned because of the heat of the grease collecting. Seriously...the mess looks terrible, but a soak in hot, soapy water and it melts off.

The sweet, the heat and the crunch...altogether divine.

Enjoy!

Barb

False