ISO Cake Mix recipe with dream whip in batter | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Cake Mix recipe with dream whip in batter

Last post Sep 28, 2008 8:17 PM by TamaraLynn . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO Cake Mix recipe with dream whip in batter
    A long time ago I had a recipe for cake batter, (using any cake mix) that you used dry dream whip in. If anyone has this recipe, would you please post it. Thanks a million. Vi
    False
  • Re: ISO Cake Mix recipe with dream whip in batter

http://www.runway.net/food/recipes/dream-cake.html

Dream Cake

Take those three instants (mixes, that is) for a great cake!

1 box Duncan Hines yellow Cake Mix
    1 envelope Dream Whip
    1 small box Cook n Serve Pudding Mix
    4 large eggs, slightly beaten
    ¼ cup vegetable oil
    1 cup water

Beat all ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour into 2 well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans (at least 1-1/2 inches deep).

Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Frost as desired.

Original recipe from Kraft Foods.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

http://busycooks.about.com/od/layercakes/r/dreamcake.htm

DREAMCAKE

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
    • 1 envelope Dream Whip dry whipped topping mix
    • 1 cup cold water
    • 4 eggs

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13" pan or two 9" pans with nonstick cooking spray containing flour; set aside.

In large bowl, combine cake mix, whipped topping mix, water, and eggs and beat until blended. Then beat for 4 minutes at medium speed, until batter increases in volume. Pour into prepared cake pan(s).

Bake the 9" pans for 25-30 minutes, and the 9x13" pan for 30-40 minutes or until cake pulls away from edges of pan and is dark golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove the 9" cakes from pans. Keep the 9x13" cake in its pan. Frost as desired.

Angie sents us this delicious variation:

"I have been making the 'Dream Cake' for many years. Our favorite flavor is the pistachio Dream cake. I make the recipe the same way you show, but I use a small package of Instant pistachio pudding instead of cook and serve.

"The recipe has been floating around through my family for over 30 years, we make it a little different than yours, we use 2 small packages of (instant) pistachio pudding in the cake mix instead of 1 and 5 eggs instead of 4.�Also, we use 1 box of Duncan Heinz (white) cake mix instead of yellow cake mix.� There is ½ cup of milk, ½ cup of oil and ½ cup of water as well in the cake mix.� We then beat it on high for 5 minutes and bake in a bunt pan; greased and floured for 50 minutes. It truly is delicious!�But for sure...remember the frosting!

"For the frosting: I use a small package of Pistachio instant pudding, 1 package of Dream whip and a cup of cold milk. I mix with the batter with an electric beater until firm and frost the cake! The BEST frosting you'll EVER taste!

"Share that delicious recipe with everyone! It will be a BIG hit!"

Thanks, Angie... I've had this frosting mixture before and you are so right... it is delicious and creamy. Just the decandance that I like in a dessert!

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

twinkl30 posted this one

Dream Cake

1 box Duncan Hines yellow Cake Mix
    1 envelope Dream Whip
    1 small box Cook n Serve Pudding Mix
    4 large eggs, slightly beaten
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup water

Beat all ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour into 2 well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans (at least 1-1/2 inches deep).

Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Frost as desired.

False
    Thank you Alliea and Wickedstepmother for your quick posts, they are just what I was looking for. Vi
    False

The only difference between this and my recipe is adding 1 t. vanilla, 1 t. almond extract and 1 t. butter extract. A very good cake.

False