Taste of Home Holiday magazine | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Taste of Home Holiday magazine

Last post Mar 31, 2010 5:30 PM by cherib . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • Taste of Home Holiday magazine

So, I noticed this new little mag at Wal-Mart and had just a quick thumb-through.  I didn't buy it because I figured it was just another re-pub of old recipes from prior publications.

Now I see on the website that this is a new magazine launch, beginning with Thanksgiving.

My question is, are these indeed new recipes or just clip 'n' keeps from past issues compiled together under a new name?  Taste of Home is very big on that and I don't want to buy recipes I already have.  I've been a TOH reader from the premiere issue way back when and have sort of "lost touch" with the magazine due to financial issues and the various format changes when Reader's Digest took over.

Does anybody have any info other than the sales pitch on the home page?  Thanks!  Beth

False
  • Re: Taste of Home Holiday magazine

I'm kind of curious myself. I haven't seen it on the stands in the Washington DC area yet.  I know I'll flip through it at the store. If it looks good I'll buy a copy.
    False

I guess I'll find out. I went ahead and subscribed as on line they are $10. for 5 issues. There a sucker in every crowd...lol. If I find out I'll write back in.

: ^ )

False

You can get a free issue on the website. I just signed up for mine.

you
    False

I always hit post before I correct my mistakes. Sorry about that.

False

I'm getting the free issue too.   Can't hurt to check it out and if you don't wan't to subscribe, just say "no thanks".

False

I got the free issue. Check it out, if you dont like it then write cancel on the invoice and owe nothing. HA! I got the first issue near Thanksgiving. I didnt care for it at all and so I wrote cancel on the bill. I got a 2nd invoice and again wrote cancel and mailed it back. Still...I got the second issue. I then called and canceled it over the phone. I recently got a 3rd invoice wich told me if I didnt pay the $10 within 15 days that my account would be sent to the collections department. I called AGAIN....cancelled yet again and I was given a confirmation number of the cancellation. Is it cancelled?....I dont know. Subscriber BEWARE

False

I tried a one time free issue from a different  TOH magazine and had no problem canceling further issues.

I enjoyed the book but at that time I just had too many magazines coming in on  almost the same day and I could not get around to reading all of them.

~Alliea

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

I got the second one with all the cookies, and I didn't see any duplicates. I guess there could have been some but I didn't recognize any. I've been a subscriber since the beginning, too. I liked the magazine and subscribed to it.

If they do insert older recipes, they would be from all their magazines not just TOH so unless you take all of their magazines, you probably wouldn't recognize any of the older recipes.

Joan

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16 years.

Beth--I looked up 4 recipes from the Thanksgiving Holiday magazine, and found all 4 in the recipe search.  I guess they're new recipes, though, because they listed TOH Holiday as the source.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

Sometimes (very often) I am too busy to "Catch" every recipe that may become a keeper and to me getting a "Family Keeper recipe" even one Single recipe  I make repeatedly that the family loves is  well worth the price of one magazine.

JMHO- but so what if a few are re-prints?? - as long as they include compilations from several past  issues....... bits and pieces from all over plus some never printed. - at that point they are "New" to me because just like  on this board- there are many, many recipes I have scanned and missed that would become Keepers to me had I made them.

Complainlessgivemore.jpg image by AllieaTOH

The Board members help bring some  overlooked recipes Back to my attention and I appreciate finding a "Treasure"

~Alliea

False

jilliebean_az
    I guess I'll find out. I went ahead and subscribed as on line they are $10. for 5 issues. There a sucker in every crowd...lol. If I find out I'll write back in.

LOL!   Well,I may be one too, then as that is a temptation!  :)

False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

I ordered the mag. and I like it .... I got free issue and $10 for the year... I am wondering when the next issue will be sent ???    bdett

False

I subscribed right at the beginning.  Then I noticed this neat little Thanksgiving book at the checkout stand with all the other little cookbooks.  I bought  it.  Much later the same issue arrived in the mail.  You guessed it.  I bought the one I subscribed to.  Well, I knew better in December so only got one cookie magazine.  However, I just bought another Taste of Home little cookbook:  Dinner on a Dime.  It does not say "Holiday" on it but the inside is full of "subscribe now"  If I have bought another cookbook I am subscribing to, I'll surely be mad.  I guess the thing to do is boycott Taste of Home publications until my subscription runs out!

Lorraine

False

Taste of Home Holiday

Treat yourself to a FREE ISSUE of our all-new, digest-sized Taste of Home Holiday! In every festive issue, you'll enjoy 70+ recipes and tips with all recipes shown in full-color on handy pull-out cards!

shoppingaddicctAZ
    Dinner on a Dime.  It does not say "Holiday" on it but the inside is full of "subscribe now"  If I have bought another cookbook I am subscribing to, I'll surely be mad.  I guess the thing to do is boycott Taste of Home publications until my subscription runs out!

From what I understand the Taste of Home Holiday Magazine is the only TOH "Digest"  Sized  publication  - to distinguish  it from the other TOH magazines.

~ Alliea

False