Need Some Help with Keeping Garlic Bread Warm | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need Some Help with Keeping Garlic Bread Warm

Last post Oct 14, 2008 10:04 PM by aubie2 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Need Some Help with Keeping Garlic Bread Warm

We are having a spaghetti dinner at church Sunday, serving about 200 people, but part of those will be carry out dinners. Have any of you done this, I mean with garlic bread and keeping it warmer than it might have been? One lady has suggested putting it in a large roaster pan, for warming? Any idea, have you tried this? I am planning on going over to the church early and while morning services are going on, we will be heating the sauce, putting in the already cooked noodles, not cooked now of course, but cooked the day before. I sure would appreciate any suggestions that might make this a little easier. I have part of the French bread already slathered with garlic butter, wrapped in aluminum foil and in my freezer. That a good idea? I think so, but I want the pros and those experienced to give helpful hints. Come on and help us make this a great success. Thanks ever so much ahead of time for all your help and time. Hugs, Connie

False
  • Re: Need Some Help with Keeping Garlic Bread Warm

I always slice it and butter it with garlic butter put back together in loaf form and wrap in tin foil place in the over for about 20-25 mins depending on hot your oven is, to keep warm I turn the over down to 200 and just keep warm.

If you have one of those big electric roasters you can also do as above and put it in the big roaster and keep warm I have done both ways and both work very well.  Good Luck.

False

Thanks Alice, I have 8 loaves of bread already sliced, put garlic butter on the slices, and they are still in the loaf form, wrapped tightly in aluminum foil, and have to pick  up 10 more loaves tomorrow morning, so I'm needing to figure on heating 18 loaves of bread. Connie
    False

Hope you have a good size oven, and I would just keep one over for the garlic bread or the big roaster ovens.

Do you have a comercial size stove that you have a large grill on as you could keep the bread warm on that as well.

False

I've served garlic bread immediately after church at our home and didn't know how to keep it warm. I wrapped it in foil, heated thoroughly, put the loaves in large coolers with styrofoam peanuts--worked great. You won't have crusty bread, but then I don't think you can have it all! this worked well--we've served hot subs this way too--you can't put too many in the cooler because the weight of them will mash the bottom layer.
    False