What side dish would you serve with fish ? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What side dish would you serve with fish ?

Last post Oct 15, 2008 4:16 PM by Mom3boys__Missouri . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What side dish would you serve with fish ?

Looking for a nice side dish to serve with Haddock or Salmon,thanks a bunch,

False
  • Re: What side dish would you serve with fish ?
    I always want slaw with fish.
    False

I agree w/the cole slaw...but I'd serve something colorful....green beans, broccoli, carrots - potatoes or cauliflower would be too 'pale' to go w/fish.  Maybe tossed salad, rolls.

False

Rice pilaf or long grain & wild rice, green beans of some sort - green bean almondine or with fresh mushrooms. If the fish is fried, I'd go with cole slaw, if baked or grilled, I like a baby green mixed salad.  

Suziee

False

Believe it or not, our family always ate spaghetti with fried fish.  Delicious!  With baked fish, I like asparagus, green beans or tomatoes ~ as Lynn said, something colorful.  

Lorraine

False

We love macaroni and cheese with fish.

False

Thanks guys,I also like fries and cole slaw,that there may be something different for a change,the rice sounds good also.

False

I presume that you will be grilling the fish if it's Salmon or Haddock but if you are frying - slaw and hushpuppies are a must.   Of course in the south - grits are a popular side dish for fried fish.  Sometimes we also had baked beans to go with the slaw and grits.

Grilled or baked fish calls for saffron rice in our family and a green vegetable, e.g. broccoli, asparagus - or an assortment of roasted vegetables - plus green salad - and of course - corn on the cob is an excellent side - anytime!

One of my favorite baked fish dishes calls for the fish to be baked on a bed of fresh spinach - delicious.

I also serve a salmon w/ mediterranean vegetables (makes a delicious pasta sauce) served over angel hair pasta.   That recipe is listed on "my favorites" post.

If the rice doesn't appeal - scalloped or roasted potatoes are good with fish and your favorite vegetable and a nice green salad.  Bread sticks would also be good. 

False
    Tria

Our fish is finishing in the oven right now this very second...  I'm serving broccoli with a simple cheese sauce with it.  I love broccoli paired with almost any kind of fish.  But if you are serving salmon you could do broccoli or pea's - pea's are so wonderful with salmon.

Fish to me equals:  Broccoli and Wild Rice Pilaf as the side dishes.

False

I always serve fried tators with my fish if its fried.  If its baked a nice baked potatoe goes nide.  I also serve a garlic coleslaw with my fried fish. 

False

I love broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes with fish. 

False

Mac & cheese and broccoli!

:)

False