HELP!!! I just bought a boneless turkey breast..... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP!!! I just bought a boneless turkey breast.....

Last post Nov 20, 2011 4:38 PM by norcojim . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • HELP!!! I just bought a boneless turkey breast.....

.....now what??  I've never, ever made one before....I purchased it at the local butcher shop and it looked beautiful...fresh, seasoned and oven ready.  But I wanted to know if I could somehow stuff it first.....covered, uncovered?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

False
  • Re: HELP!!! I just bought a boneless turkey breast.....

You can stuff it but the stuffing has a tendency to dry up the meat so I would make the stuffing on the side. Cook the breast as you would your turkey. Uncovered at about 325 or 350. It won't need nearly as much time as a whole turkey will. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp. It should be 165 degrees when done.

False
    Marie K McConnell

I found this on the 'net and I think it's what I'm going to try with the one I have!  

Good Luck with yours!  I think I'm also going to make Stuffing Muffins to go with mine. Let us know how yours turns out, ok??

pegg

BONELESS TURKEY BREAST 
    I want to share a wonderful way to cook boneless turkey breast. A dear friend informed me that the oven method of cooking it often dries the turkey breast out.

The best she had ever eaten was slow-cooked for 7 to 8 hours in a crock pot, without ever lifting the lid.

False

pegg

Thank you.....I'll do the stuffing on the side.  But what are stuffing muffins??

False

I always use a Reynolds large oven bag to cook a turkey breast.  Smile  Some people consider that "cheating", but hey, it works at my house!  I wash, pat dry, season and butter the turkey breast... then place inside the bag with a Tablespoon of flour.  The bag is then tied with the included tie, six slits cut into the top of the bag, and the bagged turkey breast placed into a baking pan without the bag itself hanging over the sides.  It is then baked at 350F for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours depending upon the number of pounds it is, or until the temperature in the fattest part of the breast is at least 170... and it's done!  A super easy method, and the meat is very moist.

False

Sorry, I meant to post the recipe and forgot!  Here's the recipe ~ I think it was posted by Red_Savage but I had another recipe I used if I can find it - I have the stuff to make some tomorrow - love dressing anytime!!

pegg

* Exported from MasterCook *

Stuffing Muffins

Recipe By     :
    Serving Size  : 12    Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories    : Dressing                        Holidays
                    Muffins                         Side Dishes
                    Stuffing                        Vegetables

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    --------  ------------  --------------------------------
      1                Cup  celery -- finely chopped
         1/2           Cup  onion -- chopped
      3               Cups  mushrooms -- sliced
      1         Tablespoon  margarine
      1           Teaspoon  poultry seasoning
         1/4      Teaspoon  black pepper
         1/8      Teaspoon  salt
      8               Cups  white bread cubes
      1                Cup  chicken broth (or bouillon)
      1              Large  egg -- slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Saute' vegetables in 1 tsp of margarine over medium heat. Mix together spices and add to vegetables when tender. Blend together chicken broth and lightly beaten egg. Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl. Add seasoned vegetables and then drizzle with the  broth/egg mixture, tossing lightly until thoroughly coated.  Using your hands, make 12 slightly compact stuffing balls and place in muffin tin that has been greased with nonfat cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until tops are crispy. I just form the balls with an ice cream scoop and place on a lightly greased (Pam) cookie sheet. Then top each with a small pat of butter and bake. For practicality I make these up in advance and freeze them before baking. Then when I need them I just thaw for a bit and bake at the last minute so they are hot and crispy. I turned to this method because I  just hate washing muffin tins,lol. Time saving tip: This stuffing can be made ahead and prepped into the muffin tins then either baked while meat is being carved or baked the day before and reheated in the microwave.

pegg                                    -

False

pegg

Here's one with cornbread if that's the kind you like ~

* Exported from MasterCook *

CORNBREAD STUFFING BALLS

Recipe By     :
    Serving Size  : 12    Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories    : Cornbread                       Dressing
                    Holidays                        Side Dishes
                    Stuffing                        Vegetables

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    --------  ------------  --------------------------------
      1            Package  corn muffin mix -- (10 or 12 oz.)
         1/2           Cup  butter -- melted
      1                Cup  chopped celery
      1                Cup  chopped onion
         1/4           Cup  chopped parsley
         1/2      Teaspoon  rubbed sage
         1/2      Teaspoon  thyme
      1           Teaspoon  salt
         1/4      Teaspoon  pepper
      1                     egg
         1/2           Cup  canned clear chicken broth -- undiluted

Make and bake corn muffin mix in a pan as directed. Cool and then crumble into mixing bowl.
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Heat 1/4 cup butter in skillet. Add celery, onion and parsley and saute, stirring until celery and onion are tender. Add to crumbled cornbread, along with seasonings, egg and chicken broth. Mix well. With hands, lightly form mixture into balls. Arrange in greased shallow baking dish. Brush with rest of butter. Bake covered, 30 minutes. Remove cover; bake 15 minutes longer or until browned on top. Makes approximately 10-15.

pegg                                  
    False

pegg

Thank you for these recipes......I'm copying them to try for Thanksgiving.

False

partot
      I always use a Reynolds large oven bag to cook a turkey breast.  Smile  Some people consider that "cheating", but hey, it works at my house!

I do it the same way and it always comes out very moist.

False

I always use the slow cooker method. It always turns out so tender and flavorful. The entire family loves it. 

False
    You might have already made your turkey breast because I noticed the post is a couple of days old but this one sounds like something you might want to keep on hand. I ran across it while looking for my Thanksgiving time recipes.

~Jan~

This was a review done by Dutchmom (Vicki) I copied from here about a year ago. (also posted by many on TOH, especially Cubbybear and Susie)

Vicki’s Review:

I have put off making this recipe for years, thinking it would taste "too fruity." Instead, we enjoyed a pleasant, flavorful turkey breast. I used six pound (bone-in) turkey breast, which sliced perfectly - 15 minutes after removal from the slow cooker. The drippings make delicious gravy, too.

“TASTY CROCKPOT-SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST”

1 thawed turkey breast (5 to 7 pounds)
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    1 can cranberry sauce, whole or jellied (I used jellied)

Place thawed turkey breast in slow cooker. Add onion soup mix and cranberry sauce.

Cook on High for 2 hours. Then, Low for 5 to 6 hours. Baste occasionally.

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

I just watched a show on the Food Channel yesterday where a guy stuffed a turkey breast.  Google:  Guy's Ultimate Turkey Dinner.

False