Red Crock pot ?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Red Crock pot ??

Last post Dec 09, 2008 7:41 PM by Janetplanet . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Red Crock pot ??

I am looking for a red crockpot. According to the past posts on here a Kitchenaid or Nesco one got good reviews about not being too hot. I found a Kitchenaid one in a Gloss Cinnamon color. Does anyone have this one and would the color be compatible with other red appliances? My concern is..the pic looks like it may be a brownish color more than a red one. This is for a Christmas gift for my DIL. I emailed the company and they were not much help. Does anyone on the BB have this color? Could you please tell me what you think> Thanks!

Louise

False
  • Re: Red Crock pot ??

May I say something here - and I hope you won't be offended.  I would never worry about the color matching, I would worry about getting the vintage Rival crock pot - not any other brand.  These are the best.  They don't get too hot.  They are perfect for doing the cooking you want your DIL to do.  Don't be obsessed with matching the shade of red (although I know they have a red) the brand is more important than you will know.

Janet

False

This is so funny, I just bought two red crockpots, I found them at Shopko, 5.5quart, hinged lid(that comes off for easy cleaning).  I work in a school cafertia and we needed two new ones, if I did not have such a new one at home I would have gotten one for myself.  They nice red color, I think you would be very happy.  They did show them on their web page.  Good luck
    False
    Betty

I have a KitchenAid mixer in empire red and it is a nice shade, if you can find that. I am not sure what the gloss cinnamon shade would be like. I was at Kohl's tonight and saw a Rival brand crock pot that was a pretty shade of red.

Good luck.

False

I still have an old Rival in red color, from the 70s and it still works fne because it has never been used much. The only thing is I am alone and a 5 Qrt one is way too big for my needs so I bought a new  1 qrt  and should have saved my money because I hardly ever use the small one either... One of these days I will get rid of the large one taking up space I can use for something else.The crock is very heavy and so is the glass lid.

False

Forgot to say: a black crockpot or a white one would go go good with any shade of red appliances.

False

I bought myself a new red Rival crock pot at Lowes recently on Black Friday, for my birthday the following the day, being the 28th of Nov. My neighbor gave me money to get me something that I wanted, so that was it. It was 29 dollars, reg 39.00, It is a bright cherry red and stainless, or fire engine red some would call it, very pretty and I loveeee it. Does not cook to hot at all. Connie

By the way, the one I got was a 6 quart size, because of using for church functions and holidays, making bigger batches and fitting larger roasts in it.

False

Thanks to all for your responses. I would never be offended by opinions. Opinions are opinions and that is just what I wanted.... My problem is I don't want to disappoint my DIL, when she specifically asked for a red one. I found red ones, but not of the brand I "thought" might be the best ones. I will try to find a red "Rival" one, since some have said they are the best. I still have and use a very old Rival from the 80's and it cooks wonderfully. thanks again.

Louise

False

I have a nice red crock pot but for the life of me I can't think of the brand.  It isn't one that you mentioned.  It is a bright pretty red color.  I think it might be a Rival.

False

Gr lo - don't ever get rid of that crock pot.  If you don't want it I will pay your postage to send it to me.  I mean it.

Janet

False