Christmas gumdrop cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Christmas gumdrop cookies

Last post Dec 12, 2008 6:12 AM by gavingrma_OH . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Christmas gumdrop cookies

I  was looking through some cookies recipes earlier, and noticed a comment from someone who said it kept her mother alive when she made gumdrop cookies, as her mom had made for her when she was growing up....I cannot find that comment again, nor a recipe...can anyone help?  YOu can email me at balschweid@comcast.net...Thank you...I have been going back  trying to take the same steps earlier and cannot find it.

False
  • Re: Christmas gumdrop cookies

Would this happen to be the recipe you are looking for?

Sue

Holiday Gumdrop Cookies
    From Reminisce

MAKING these cookies, I feel I'm keeping my mother's Christmas spirit alive. They were her special treat each year at holiday time. These cookies are great for keeping children busy - they can cut up the gumdrops and eat all the black ones (they turn the dough gray). -Letah Chilston, Riverton, Wyoming

INGREDIENTS
    1-1/2 cups spice gumdrops

3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1/2 cup golden raisins

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup shortening

1 egg

1/4 cup buttermilk

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

Cut gumdrops into small pieces, reserving black ones for another use. Place gumdrops in a bowl. Add walnuts, raisins and 1/4 cup flour; toss to coat. Set aside.
    In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and shortening. Add egg; beat in buttermilk. Combine baking soda, salt and remaining flour; stir into creamed mixture. Add gumdrop mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
    Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Yield: about 3 dozen.

False