Can you 'cook' the stouffers Mac'n'cheese in the crockpot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you 'cook' the stouffers Mac'n'cheese in the crockpot?

Last post Jan 25, 2012 10:23 AM by airen123 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Can you 'cook' the stouffers Mac'n'cheese in the crockpot?

I took the lazy way out and bought the 10 serving  sized mac'n'cheese for Christmas. (My family really likes this and I've a lot to do anyway).Was thinking of cooking it in the crockpot. Do you think it would be best to cook it earlier in the oven and then keep in crockpot on low? Or just thaw and cook in crockpot for a few hours?

Has anyone ever tried it in the crockpot?

Thanks for any advice!

False

• Re: Can you 'cook' the stouffers Mac'n'cheese in the crockpot?

False

Does Stouffers have a toll free number listed on the package?

False

Great idea! Cookie! I never thought of contacting them. Duh! Tongue Tied

Thanks.

False

I like this idea, let me know when you find out.

False

Cookguy, I did call this this a.m and they did advise me that it was designed to be cooked in the oven.  They could not guarantee the products quality if I cooked it otherwise.I knew that's what they would say.  Because if I did it other than how  they stated and it did not turn out right, they didn't want to hear my complaints, I'm sure!  I did go to the website to see the answers to some questions that already been asked.

But, she did say that she would send me some coupons, so the call was worth it! Surprise

It does say on the package that you can thaw and cook it, so I am going to thaw it and bake it in the oven a few hours before my dinner time Christmas Eve,  (I may cut back the cooking time  a bit) and then put in a greased crockpot on low. I don't see how that would harm it, unless I leave it in the crockpot too long, and it gets mushy.

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

False

Please do let me know.. If it wasn't so close to Christmas, I would say do a test run, but I guess it's to late now.

Merry Christmas!

False

False

Cookguy, just wanted you to know, early morning I  thawed the mac'n'cheese for a couple of hours on the countertop (big no no- but it was still frozen even after 2 hours). I put it in the fridge for about 5 hours (it was still frozen- Confused).  Baked it  about 45 min. Then put in the crockpot and it "cooked"  about 1 hr. 45 min. before eating. It was just fine.

False

I had this question also, since I volunteered to bring the mac and cheese to a work lunch.  So I stumbled across this thread, and wanted to update anyone who has this question.

Yes, you can "cook" it.  I baked 2 family-size Stouffer's mac and cheese the night before, and refrigerated it in the crockpot.  It reheated while at work on low for 4 hours, with a little milk added to soften it some.  Completely works.

False