Help please---How would you cook very thick boneless pork chops | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help please---How would you cook very thick boneless pork chops

Last post Jan 20, 2009 12:22 PM by Appy_Girl . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Help please---How would you cook very thick boneless pork chops

My husband came home from Cosco with 3 very thick boneless pork loin chops (2"). 

How would you cook them so that they turn out tender and not too dry . Thanks you

False
  • Re: Help please---How would you cook very thick boneless pork chops

I would use a slow cooker or maybe cut them in half if you can.Here is a link to many recipes:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Search/Advanced?SearchPhrase=boneless%20pork%20chops%20&T=0&searchSource=hdrbox-Recipes

Hope this helpsSmile

False

Thank you. Yes it helps. I don't have a slow cooker , but maybe I can wrap them in foil  in a slow oven .

False

Here's an excellent recipe I use all the time:

TANGY BAKED STUFFED PORK CHOPS  
    1 1/2 to 2 c. favorite stuffing
    6 double pork chops, slit for stuffing
    1 tbsp. shortening
    1/2 c. Heinz 57 sauce
    1/3 c. water
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Place stuffing in pockets of pork chops; secure with toothpicks or string. Brown in shortening; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chops in shallow baking pan. Combine 57 sauce and water; pour over chops. Cover pan with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven 1 hour 15 minutes or until chops are tender. Remove toothpicks from chops before serving.

False

Look up a recipe for stuffed pork chops. I would just split them almost in half then make a good stuffing, fill the pocket. Secure with tooth picks then bake in the oven.

False

Here is a recipe I had published years ago in TOH. These pork chops are really yummy. I think your pork chops would be perfect for this recipe. Enjoy.

Swiss-Stuffed Chops

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.

Here you some recipes

Pork Tenderloin Casserole

2 lbs. pork tenderloin, sliced

Salt and pepper

4 slices bacon, cooked crisp

1/2 c. chopped onions

1 sm. can sliced mushrooms, drained

1 1/2 c. sour cream

1 c. grated cheddar cheese

Brown pork slices, each side. Lay in a casserole. Sprinkle with salt

and pepper. Crumble bacon and add it with onions to pork. Sprinkle

mushrooms on top of mix. Pour sour cream over all. Sprinkle cheese to

cover. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees

Cubbybear's

STEWED PORK CHOPS

THIS IS HOW I COOK MY PORK CHOPS.VERY GOOD.

4-6 BONELESS PORK CHOPS

1 PKG LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX

4-6 MEDIUM SIZE POTATOES

WATER

PUT PORK CHOPS IN A 9X13 INCH CASSEROLE DISH.CUT POTATOES IN CUBES AND PLACE ON TOP OF PORK CHOPS.ADD ONION SOUP MIX.AND ADD ENOUGH WATER TO COVER ALL.COOK AT 350 DEGRESS FOR 1 HOUR

False
    In loving memory of Suzy

Thank you . I really appreciate your help. Now I have several really deliciuous sounding recipies. We have pork so often , I'll be trying all of them.

Best regards

False

I love the pork chops from Costco.  The following recipe is for a tenderloin, but I have made up the "stuffing" and slit open the Costco pork chops and stuffed this inside and it is very good!!!  DH loves these!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Apricot-Pecan-Stuffed-Pork-Tenderloins 

Another one that I REALLY love is this one.  I love apples and pork.  This is easy, good and worthy of family or company!  Definitely a five star recipe!  I can never find apple pie filling with cinnamon so I add 1 teaspoon to a can ... Cinnamon is a MUST!  And if you are so inclined, you could make up your own pie filling to put in this dish!  I have Costco Pork chops at home... now I have to make this recipe soon too!  Great dish in the colder weather!

Pork chops with Apple and Stuffing 

False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

This is my go to recipe for Pork Chops -- don't let the blue cheese scare you off! lolMy son in law doesn't like blue cheese but this is his favorite! (just click on the link below it should take you to the recipe).

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Blue-Cheese-Pork-Chops

False

Photobucket

One more -- this is my favorite pork chop recipe. I've made it with the thick Costco chops and turned out great! Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes --

SAUCY PORK CHOPS

4-6 pork chops

1 can cream of chicken soup

3 Tbsp. catsup

1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Brown chops in skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Place into lightly greased casserole dish. Mix soup with catsup and Worc. sauce; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Can add sliced onion if desired -- place on top of chops before adding soup mixture.

False

I am having posting problems today. Anyway, another vote for stuffed!!!!
    False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

I would fire up the BBQ or Gas grill and cook them over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and they are done and very moist and you'll never cook them any other way.   I like to put a garlic pepper rub on them before they go to the grill.  This is the only way we cook our double thick pork chops.  MMMMMMM making my mouth water!    Bev
    False

What I do is slice them in half length wise but not all the way thru and stuff them with your favorite stuffing and bake them at 350 for 1/2 to 45 minutes

False

Wow  Lots of good recipes ~  Thanks to all and Welcome to the TOh Bb  pblankenship ~   Good to see you posting already  ~   Janie  ~   Big Smile

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.