Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

Last post Feb 01, 2009 9:36 AM by Alliea . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

I wanted to make this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pepper-Jack-Chicken-Pasta

but Ingles did not have the Nacho Cheese soup. All they had was the cheddar. Although it says you can substitute that for the Nacho soup, I just don't think it would be the same. I did buy some Cabot's Pepper Jack cheese. How much do you think I could add or sub for. Maybe 3/4 of the soup amount and about 2-3 oz. of pepper jack cheese?
    I'm sure some of you have some great advice/ideas for this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

\

False

• Re: Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

Now, I'm just guessing but I would use all the Cheddar cheese soup and maybe add about 3/4 to 1 cup of shredded Pepper Jack cheese.At that point, you should be able to tell if you need more Pepper Jack cheese or not. We love cheese so I'd probably add a little more - LOL. Good luck. Sounds like a yummy recipe.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.

MM, I made this with 1/2 the soup and 4 oz. of pepper jack cheese (50% red. fat). Trying to watch my calories/fat/etc....

It was good. It was not spicy at all, so I decided to add some bit of chopped jalepeno's that I had. That helped to spice it up a bit.

I found the Fiesta Nacho soup at Publix! So, I'll try it again with that soup.

False

I also would add the whole can of soup and I agree with Joan re"adding 3/4 - 1 cup Pepper jack cheese. I would probably JMO like to add a little Taco saesoning too.

Alliea

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009