Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup? | Taste of Home Community

Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

Last post Feb 01, 2009 9:36 AM by Alliea . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

I wanted to make this recipe

but Ingles did not have the Nacho Cheese soup. All they had was the cheddar. Although it says you can substitute that for the Nacho soup, I just don't think it would be the same. I did buy some Cabot's Pepper Jack cheese. How much do you think I could add or sub for. Maybe 3/4 of the soup amount and about 2-3 oz. of pepper jack cheese?
    I'm sure some of you have some great advice/ideas for this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Re: Substitute for Nacho Cheese Soup?

Now, I'm just guessing but I would use all the Cheddar cheese soup and maybe add about 3/4 to 1 cup of shredded Pepper Jack cheese.At that point, you should be able to tell if you need more Pepper Jack cheese or not. We love cheese so I'd probably add a little more - LOL. Good luck. Sounds like a yummy recipe.

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home for 17 years.
    Multiple contest winner.

MM, I made this with 1/2 the soup and 4 oz. of pepper jack cheese (50% red. fat). Trying to watch my calories/fat/etc....

It was good. It was not spicy at all, so I decided to add some bit of chopped jalepeno's that I had. That helped to spice it up a bit.

I found the Fiesta Nacho soup at Publix! So, I'll try it again with that soup.

I also would add the whole can of soup and I agree with Joan re"adding 3/4 - 1 cup Pepper jack cheese. I would probably JMO like to add a little Taco saesoning too.

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009