Request for recipe using Thin Cut Pork Loin Chops Please | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Request for recipe using Thin Cut Pork Loin Chops Please

Last post Jan 24, 2009 12:31 PM by lagar . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Request for recipe using Thin Cut Pork Loin Chops Please

I pulled out of the freezer and would like to make something different for tonight, anyone have any good T&T recipes?

Thank you very much.

Linda

False
    Photobucket
  • Re: Request for recipe using Thin Cut Pork Loin Chops Please

RE: PORK CHOPS???/

Stewart pork chops

two chops for each person.
    can of cream of chicken soup. use campbells, not generic

brown sugar
    mustard

Brown chops in butter. Place flat in baking dish. Spread thin layer of mustard over each chop. Sprinkle brown sugar over mustard, using enough so that brown sugar looks wet.
    Spoon soup over that. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degree for one hour.

While that is cooking, make rice. When chops are done, spoon the drippings over the rice. MMMM
    Makes sort of a sweet and sour chop that is incredibly tender.

I have not made these (But TNT by the Poster)

They sound good to me.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

We love pork chops and cabbage and I generally use the thinner cuts - not too thin - for that.   It's a quick and easy meal and usually all you need is some good bread/rolls or cornbread.   However - many times we don't even add that.

I'll try and find the recipe even though there really isn't a specific one - just a "method" that I use and have posted!

False
    Tria

I think this review was posted by gratefulservant!   

Pretty similar to the one I reviewed with the cabbage and kielbasa (actually even easier) Nother great use of cabbage and pork chops. I didn't change it at all from the way she posted it. DH would have loved this. It reminds me of his moms fried cabbage.

Posted by: Tria_inAtlanta Posted on: 6/20/2007 10:28:06 AM
    #R9204456
    That sounds really tasty. One of our favorite quick meals is Pork Chops and Cabbage. Just saute the chops in a bit of olive oil (or canola) until brown on both sides.

Use a big deep skillet or dutch oven.

Add the cabbage - sliced or coarsely chopped - on top of the pork chops - cover pan and cook til cabbage is done - not over done. I usually do not use real thick chops so the pork is done then, also. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper - you can add your favorite seasonings, but we just like it with salt and pepper.

Yum - a really good meal in a hurry.
    You don't need much else and you get a lot of cabbage (great fiber food).
    Potatoes would also be good with it but we just usually filled up on this.

Tria
    False
    Tria

Thanks Tria-the recipe sounds good but DH won't eat cabbage. Alliea I'm going to the store to get what I need to make the recipe you posted will let you know how it came out.

Thanks

Linda

False
    Photobucket