Recipe Request: Longhorn's Shrimp and Lobster Dip! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe Request: Longhorn's Shrimp and Lobster Dip!

Last post Jun 20, 2011 1:32 PM by rxtechabd . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Recipe Request: Longhorn's Shrimp and Lobster Dip!

Oh. My. Goodness.

This was so GOOD! Sydney and I went to dinner at Longhorn yesterday for my birthday. I've been slowly making my way thru all the appetizers when we go to see what I really like. The French Onion soup was a big favorite the last time we were there. This time we tried the Shrimp and Lobster Dip. It was delicious. I expected the shrimp to be chopped up in it, but they were whole shrimp and they were huge! The lobster was cut into smaller bites.

I found two different descriptions on the web....I think the second one is the one that was on our menu. But I imagine they're both correct.

Has anyone ever seen a copycat recipe? Or do you have any ideas?

It's really a great dip, so if you ever get a chance, try it!

Any recipes or ideas welcome!

Longhorn Steakhouse

LongHorn Shrimp & Lobster Dip

A delicious blend of shrimp and lobster baked in creamy white wine cheese sauce mixed with sun-dried tomoatoes. Served with tri-colored tortilla chips for dipping.

LongHorn Shrimp & Lobster Dip

Shrimp and lobster baked with creamy mozzarella, smoked gouda and sun-dried tomatoes. Served with red, white & blue tortilla chips.

Thanks so much!

Star

False
  • Re: Recipe Request: Longhorn's Shrimp and Lobster Dip!

Bumping back up...

Sorry Star, I do not have the recipe, but it sure does sound good!!!! I hope some one comes up with a recipe clone for this one!!!

Kate

False

Star, first off, I am sorry I missed your birthday!  I hope you had a wonderful day.  Does this sound close?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.asp
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    Shrimp and Lobster Dip

16 oz. cream cheese
    2 T. milk or cream
    3 T. Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 lb. lobster, cooked and chopped
    1/2 lb. shrimp, cooked and chopped
    3 T. green onion, chopped
    1/2 C. cheddar cheese

Combine cream cheese, milk or cream, and Worcestershire sauce.

Add lobster, shrimp and onion. Mix and pour into a buttered shallow baking dish.

Top with cheddar cheese and bake at 350° F. for 20 minutes, until it starts to bubble around the edges. Serve warm with crackers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
    False

I don't know a whole lot about lobster other than tails are expensive for dinner.  Would I have to buy a lobster tail to make this, or can you buy lobster meat?   I love warm crab dip, but this sounds even better!

False

Oops.  Should have read the ingredients first - looks like this one does not have the right cheeses.

I wonder if you can play with this one a little.

Sue

False

Ingredients

1 tbsp Butter

1 Egg

1/4 lb Shrimp

¼ lb Lobster chopped

¼ lb Crab

3-4 Scallions

1/3 lb Smoked Gouda Cheese

1 cup mozzarella

1 pint Heavy Cream

1/3 cup White Wine

1/3 cup Milk

3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika

Sun Dried tomatoes

Salt

Pepper

Preparation

Cook shrimp, lobster, crab and scallions in a skillet with white wine, salt , pepper, and tomatoes. Drain and set aside juice.

Grate Gouda cheese.

In a saucepan place butter heat to medium add meat juices and milk . Add cream and let cool. When mixture is cool slowly stir in ½ mozzarella and gouda cheeses and egg. When cheese is folded in slowly add and stir in paprika . When stirred together add to meat mixture and fold together into baking pan sprinkle remaining cheese on top bake 15 min covered then uncovered till brown.

just a guess, this is how i thought they made it let me know

False

I tried this it is pretty close to the original at the restaurant. The only thing I did different, was I left out the crab meat, I felt that the original did not have it and there would be sufficient salthness with the Lobster and Gouda. It was GREAT Thanks!!!!

False