PCH Kitchen.....May 2009, | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH Kitchen.....May 2009,

Last post May 31, 2009 11:52 PM by GrandmaCookN . 259 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 18 (260 items) 12345Last >
  • PCH Kitchen.....May 2009,

WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are physically challenged homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There are always fresh fruit , muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

OUR DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN 

False
  • Re: PCH Kitchen.....May 2009,

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is feeling better and having a good week. My days are mixed up, thought today was Monday, nope, Friday, so Kerry and I are heading to post to get my military ID renewed. Looked for a new posting, saw Nancys reminder of the end of the month, so checked before I wrote anything. Will peek back in later today, headache this morning and have a darned cold as I mentioned to Dee a few days ago in a email, Take care everyone and stay safe out there with this swine flu stuff that is going around. Hugs, Connie

False

Hey Connie, you're back!! Did you have a good trip?? Tell us all about it. Bet that lil Russ isn't so little any more and was so glad to see his Grammy and Papaw. And how about the Ala grands?     : )

Glad you mentioned Dee, I talked to her myself Wed I think it was and she said for me to tell everyone hello. Blane has sent his ebil twin to her house and refuses to read the eviction notices Dee has put up. It took her an hr and a half to pay 3 bills tha other day so she has just given up playing on it until it goes to the puter hospital. She sounded good but Dave sure is having a hard time staying outta trouble....*chuckles*

Well, it is Wayne's lunch time and here I sit in my shimmy tails. Ann, I am working on our designs, I am truly. I already have one in my mind, will get it down on paper this afternoon, Tip permitting.  Sure do wish the Queen of England still lived here, she not only can design clothes but construct them as well. Talk about top drawer workmanship, whew, she sure didn't get those sewing skills from me. I did however have a great aunt who was a seamstress by trade so I guess those genes were in the family.

Tip is up, gotta fly.

...L

False

Hay Connie so good to see you in the kitchen this morning, just not the same with out you here, tell us all about our trip,and are the grands bet they hated to see you both leave to go back home,

hi Lisa, you said you gotta fly, take care girl do not want you flying into something, lol

we still have rain here today and water standing everywhere and looks like we could have this weather through the weekend oh goody that means I am home for the next few days cause if I get wet I get a cold, happens every time.

I am thinking about making peanut butter cookies but just do not have the will to go do it, just lazy I think,

hope others check in and lets us know how they are doing,

I will get back later on if thunder storms do not start,

False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.

Good afternoon ladies, well I am legally dependant on Kerry for another 5 years, or maybe it was 4, anyway, got that taken care of! Commissary shopping done, except for milk or any perisables, went over there while the post DEERS computers were down. Ugh! Anyway. Yes, definately the kids have not stopped growing up on us, ohhh how they were grown. PaPaw is PaPaw, but lil Russ kept saying, "what is her name?, a couple times anyway, then it was hey, hey, and I wouldn't answer to that *giggles* So I am MeMaw, but I said he might want to call me Mean Maw, LOL, he liked to give me the mean look and it didn't fly. So we had a very good time though, seeing all the kids was great, been way to long, but glad to get home! Nothing like our own bed, I think Chris likes to live in Antarctica here, *giggles* House was cool but nice for the weather there. Weather was great for travel and traffic flow was great too, just Atlanta, they are crazy there, but we managed very well. Kerry and I played on the beach our last day in AL while everyone was working and the boys at school, we even helped put out them a garden there, otherwise it probably would not have gotten done. Ryan and Jen working, put out 6 tomato plants and 3 hot pepper plants. Then the next day Kerry and I relaxed at the beach for a while, then took the kids to eat at Lamberts before we left the next morning. Hope you all are doing ok, I need to get some shorts on and get on the mower and hit the grass, Kerry has gone for parts for his tractor. Work, work, work, Just kidding. SYL, Hugs, Connie

False

Good afternoon Connie, Lisa, Ruth and to all that drop by the kitchen today.

Good to see you back home all safe and sound Connie. Sounds like you had a real good time with your family. Those little ones sure do grow when we aren't looking , don't they. :>)

Lisa now when you and Ann come up with the perfect design for that compfy outfit we sure want pictures of you gals modeling it. *grin* For now I am still makeing do with my shorts and tank tops. *grin* Been tempted to order a couple of the loose dresses from catalog. Sure do look comfortable.

Ruth sure hope that you are feeling better today. Was you able to shake that headache? Some peanut butter cookies sure sounds good. Have the peanut butter setting out but so far it has not made it into the mixing bowl. :>)

Going to make this a short one for now, looked out on the deck and see that the plants need a drink so heading on out to take care of them before they turn a pretty shade of brown. :>)

Wishing all a good day and a even better weekend.

The WeatherPixie

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Dear friends I really need your prayers.

I just received a call from Debbi and Steve has

suffered another heart attact and is in ICU. This one looks really serious and hopefully they will be able to do the triple by pass. They have known that he needs the surgery however since the company stopped his insurance when he went on workmans comp after the reck, the doctor he has been seeing has not been willing to do the surgery since he is not insured.

Poor little Debbi is just about beside herself right now so if you will offer up a prayer for her I know she would be so gratefull. Know that her mom will be for sure.

I only wish I could go and be with them.:>(

Will keep you informed if there is any change.

Hugs, Nancy

False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Nancy I have just offered up a prayer for Steve and Debbie, prayers that they are able to do the surgery and the Lord to guide those doctors in the healing of Steve. Hugs dear friend, yes, please do definately keep us posted. Connie

False

Thank you Connie. I still have not received any more news on Steve. Debbi does carry a cell phone but she can only answer or call out when she is out of the ICU area. When I last talked with her they was still in the process of trying to stablize him. All they will say is that it was a massive heart attact.....the first one he had he did not realize that he had had one but it did alot of damage. Goodness Steve is only 48. Seems way to young for all of this.:>(

Heading on back to lay down. The old shoulders and back are really hurting tonight. Must be the tension .

hugs, nancy

False

Nancy, prayers for Steve that he be ok and the doctors will know the best  things to do and soon, also prayers for Debbi as she waits this out,. take care dear friend as you also wait this out and are not right there to know first hand what is going on.hope you are able to get some rest .

I seem to have picked up a bug from somewhere so am not able to go over and check on Rose,she sure does not need this, but have talked to her and her DH she is doing some better this evening still moving very slow,

well I am heading for bed,  see ya all in the morning.

False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.

Nancy, prayers being said for Debbi and Steve and for you and Bill. What a trying and scary time for all of you just now. I am so sorry and do so hope that he comes thru the surgery well. I know how much you'd like to be there. ((((Nancy and all her family))))

Ruthie, I hope you get over your bug quickly, prolly something you picked up at the hospital. Take care and go to the Vampire's quickly if you feel like it is a flu coming on!

Connie, again, it is so good to have you back with us, we all missed you so much.  : )

Well, I think Tip has settled in so I will, too.

Try to get some good rest all.

Hugs and prayers,

..Lisa

False

Oh connie, what a nice surprise to have you back. *big smile* Sounds like a good trip and you sound relaxed.

Nancy, so sorry to hear about Steve's heart attack. Much too young. Will keep him and family in prayer.

Hi Lisa, will be looking forward for the comfy outfits.

Ruth, sorry to hear you may have caught something. Take care.

Hardly thinking straight. DD came over after school and worked unttil 6 pm. She cleaned out half of shelf in my closet and brought in things from Motor Home that I will keep. Wanted to get that done because I won't be able to get out there next week if it is raining.

Just feel like everyone is on overload. Except Connie and Kerry, just getting back from vacation. But know they have a lot of catching up to do at home. Hope you all take care of yourselves and get as much needed sleep as you can to stay healthy as you are able.

Dee said she tries to read the posts daily. She had a tangle in her basement today or yesterday. Oh my!

Wishing all a gentle weekend. Wishing each a good night of sleep.

Hugs, Deery

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

I too am heading to bed, take care too Nancy, definately nerves that can tense the body up and make it ache so as well. Hope you hear some news soon Nancy, 48 is way to young to be so sick, prayers and cyber hugs for your family. Gentle hugs, Connie

False

Deery you slipped quietly in while I was yapping. You be sure to take it easy too Deery, you have had so much on your plate so recently and stress as well, well just take care and stay healthy too. Your DD is a God send isn't she. Nice being back home again and seeing PCH family, gentle hugs for you all. Night, Connie

False

Hi Girls,

Nancy, sending up lots of good thoughts and prayers for Steve, Debbie and your whole family.   That is so young to have a major heart attack.  Sure hope they are able to do the surgery he needs, shouldn't matter if he has insurance or not, he still needs the treatment and that is the only ethical thing to do as well as the right thing to do.  (((Nancy and Family)))

Connie, so glad you had such a good time on vacation, but always good to get home and sleeping in your own bed.  Missed you bunches!!! ((hugs))  Bet you have alot to do around the yard and home.  Bet all of your furbabies missed you bunches. 

Lisa, wow let me know when you have some good designs because I can't draw worth a darn.LOL  But I am good with the financial end so, at least I have a few skills. Big Smile  Hope you have a good nights rest (Tip too!)

Ruth, sure hope you are able to get some rest and feel better soon.  ((( Ruth)))

Deery,  glad to hear that your DD got stuff in from your mobile home, will be nice for you not to have to worry about getting out there with the weather being so unpredictable.  Hope you are having a good weekend. 

Well yesterday wasn't feeling so great, the fibro and cramps make a wonderful combination, NOT!!  Oh well just life.  Didn't really do to much except some household chores.  Today Jim had the day off and we just loafed around for a little bit this morning.  We ended up getting about 16 bags of dirt and compost, peat moss mix for our front flower bed we have running across the front of our house.  Jim took all the plants out and mixed in new dirt with the tiller.  We stopped and visited with mom and dad after we picked up the soil.  Then came home and got to it.  I was goffer for most of it but did make a big pot of clam chowder for our dinner.  Got the bed all looking spiffy (mind you it was raining a good majority of the time.)  Just relaxing now and going to surf for a bit.  Keeping all of our PCH girls and their families in my prayers, our troops and emergency workers as well.  Hope everyone has a good nights rest.  TTT, Ann

False