Help - I have jello - cool whip and graham cracker crust | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help - I have jello - cool whip and graham cracker crust

Last post May 10, 2009 5:46 PM by dutchmom4MI . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Help - I have jello - cool whip and graham cracker crust

Can you give me the recipe using these three.  Going to my daughter's tomorrow to celebrate mother's day and want to take something, but need to have it from what I already have on hand.

Janet

False
  • Re: Help - I have jello - cool whip and graham cracker crust

posted by spraginsmom:

Many moons ago, I made something like that. Dissolve a small pack of Jello in 1 c. boiling water, then add 1/2 c. cold water and let chill til it's the consistency of egg whites. Then mix in an 8 oz. carton of cool whip. Hope this is what you're looking for.

False

Posted by: raidermom Posted on: 10/4/2004 10:15:13 AM

I made this yesterday for dessert and it was a hit. It was really easy to make and inexpensive ingrediants. My DD's are making plans on different ways to make this. I can't remember who posted this and I am sorry.

BEAUTIFUL FLUFFY PIE

One 3-oz. pkg. jello (I used strawberry)
    1/4 cup boiling water
    2 small cartons yogurt (I used strawberry)
    8-oz. carton Cool Whip
    Graham Cracker pie crust

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Cool a little, then whisk in yogurt and cool whip. Put into pie shell and chill for several hours.

This was really easy to make. The hardest part was dissolving the gelatin in only 1/4 water.

False

posted by groucho_CT_

Light Cool 'N Easy Pie

2/3 cup boiling water
    1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin, any flavor
    Ice cubes
    1/2 cup cold water
    1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    1 ready-to-use reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz. or 9 inch)

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
    ADD 2 cups of the whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
    TOP with remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Garnish pie with cut-up assorted fresh fruit. (count extra)

False

thanks so much - I really appreciate it.  Pulled the cool whip out of the freezer and will make this soon.  Thanks again,

Janet

False

You're welcome.

~~Vicki

False