Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin for Pulled Pork Sandwiches | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Last post Jul 01, 2009 9:12 PM by lattedeb . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Happy 4th of July to everyone!  I am hoping someone can post a recipe for barbecued pulled pork sandwiches using pork tenderloins.  I purchased some Honey Barbecue Sauce to use.  Thanks for even reading this! 

False
  • Re: Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I can't say that this is specifically for a tenderloin, but when I make pulled pork sandwiches, I put it in the slow cooker all day on low.  I add onion, garlic, season salt and pepper.  For liquid I add beer, coke or a little vinegar and water.  You can also add a little liquid smoke for smokey flavor.   I usually do this a day or 2 ahead.  The day I want to serve it, I put it back into the crockpot shredded with a small amt of liquid.  After it is hot, I then add the sauce.  I think that you can add the sauce immediately, but if it is going to be in the crock a long time, sometimes the sauce will burn a little.  Hope this helps!

False

I don't think I would ever use Pork Tenderloin for Pulled Pork Sandwiches.  If anything I'd slap those tenders on the grill for 30-40minutes and then put some BBQ sauce on them.  You could always slice and make sandwiches out of them.  Just my personal preference:  Tenderloin is way too lean to throw in a crock pot. I'd use a pork shoulder / butt roast for pulled pork.

Good luck with your meal.  I hope you enjoy it.

False

I agree that I wouldn't use tenderloin for this either. the pork tenderloins are so good and tender they don't need the crockpot. I would use a much cheaper cut for this.

False

I agree, way too nice of a cut of pork for the crock pot.  I would roast them on the grill also.

Deb

False