Jalapeno Pepper Pickles--Nice And Crunchy--This recipe needs to be reposted for the newer people.I just love this recipe.Thank You Kitchenkeeper | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Jalapeno Pepper Pickles--Nice And Crunchy--This recipe needs to be reposted for the newer people.I just love this recipe.Thank You Kitchenkeeper

Last post Jun 10, 2013 5:27 PM by gratefulservant_AZ . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Jalapeno Pepper Pickles--Nice And Crunchy--This recipe needs to be reposted for the newer people.I just love this recipe.Thank You Kitchenkeeper

Subject: You'll be sorry if you don't try these pickles!
    Posted by: kitchenkeeper Replies: 36 Posted on: 11/5/2002 1:57:57 PM
    #T101494
    This pickle recipe is without a doubt the best I've ever tasted. Since our church craft bazaar/bake sale in October, I have been flooded with the request for this recipe. I was given a jar of these pickles last Christmas by a male co-worker. After tasting them, I knew I had to have the recipe. His wife was kind enough to share. You will not believe how easy and how good. They are different from anything that you've ever tasted. A perfect gift for the holidays. Here goes!
    Jalapeno Sweet/Dill Pickles
    1 gallon dill pickles (whole dills, I use Valassic brand Kosher Dills)
    3 lbs. sugar
    1 (12 oz.) jar of jalapeno peppers

Drain pickle juice off using a large colander. Slice pickles about 1/4 inch thick. Put pickles back in jar in layers (pickles, sugar, peppers, repeat). I use the entire jar of peppers per gallon of pickles, but you can use only 1/2 of jar for less kick.
    The pickles, sugar and peppers will make their own juice. I leave the jar on the counter for a little while, flipping it over every now and then to help the sugar dissolve. Then I place them in refrigerator and they're ready to eat in just a couple of days. You can transfer them to a smaller pretty jars for gifts. I thought this would be a good time to share...just before the holidays. Even my hard to please kids and their friends love these! The taste is so unique. They're crunchy, sweet, dill with a touch of hot. The pieces of jalapeno are even good by themselves because the sugar makes them a milder flavor. Hope you're brave enough to try these.

False
  • Re: Jalapeno Pepper Pickles--Nice And Crunchy--This recipe needs to be reposted for the newer people.I just love this recipe.Thank You Kitchenkeeper

What a great idea for Christmas gifts. Thank you much Miss Betty!

False
  • Re: Jalapeno Pepper Pickles--Nice And Crunchy--This recipe needs to be reposted for the newer people.I just love this recipe.Thank You Kitchenkeeper

WOW Betty, I've been making these for years but didn't remember who posted it!  I just posted it to another pickle thread before I saw this.   Good recipes just keep coming to the top.  We love these!   Big Smile

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields
    O.K.  Dumb question here.  Do you drain the juice from the jalapeno pepper, too?
    False

Yep, you sure do.  Smile

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields

You are right Betty these are great! I've made them several times since the recipe was first posted here.  Someone back then also said they added drained marachino cherries to them also, and I've done that too. The red cherries look pretty in the jar especially if you give them for christmas gifts.

Barb

False

Very interesting ~ Thanks for sharing Betty ~ This recipe is really something to think about ~ Janie ~ Coffee

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Janie, you owe it to yourself to make these.  I've been making them on and off for years and I add the cherries too.  I put them in pt jars & I make up fun Christmas baskets.  I'm thinking of doing it again this year and adding the homemade bloody mary mix w/recipe and dilled green beans and/or asparagus.  Maybe the pepper vodka too.  There are sooooo many possibilities with so many great recipes to choose from here. 

False

I''ve made these too and they are wonderful!

chefly

False

bump for Miss Betty.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon