Milky Way Poke Cake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Milky Way Poke Cake

Last post Dec 07, 2009 9:17 AM by melissa thomas . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Milky Way Poke Cake

Milky Way Poke Cake

1 (18 1/4 oz.) package yellow cake mix

10 fun-size Milky Way bars, divided

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12 oz.) jar caramel ice cream topping

1 (12 oz.) carton Cool Whip, thawed

Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9 in. pan. Chop six candy bars. Remove cake from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cool on wire rack 10 min.

Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 20 holes in warm cake. Pour milk over cake; cool 10 min.  Pour ice cream topping over cake; cool completely. Spread whipped topping over cake. Chop remaining candy bars; sprinkle over cake. Cover and store in the refrigerator.

False
  • Re: Milky Way Poke Cake

that sounds so good, and easy, great for a quick fix night!

thanks for sharing it..

jackie

False

SMILES GO A LONG WAY..SO LAUGH AND SMILE TODAY! ENJOY LIFE!

MY DOBEE DOO BLACK LAB AND BEST FRIEND!Big Smile

I made this a few years ago for my sister's birthday and it is great!  Only difference was that Smuckers used to make a Milky Way ice cream topping in a jar and I used that but they quit making it (or else our stores all quit selling it).  Thanks for posting this-I'd forgotten it and her birthday is next Thursday so maybe I'll make it again.

False

Oh my goodness does this ever sound good! Keep away from small children after 3 p.m.!    lol
    False

This is one I will be trying.  Thanks

Rita

False

Is this the recipe they were talking about freezing?  If so, how did it turn out?  Inquiring minds would like to know (lol).

Rita

False

This is the one I was asking about to see if people thought I could freeze it. The few responses I got weren't sure so I decided to make the cake and put the candy bars on top and poke the holes (sitting on my counter right now and making me extremely hungry!). I am going to freeze it when it is cool at this point and then put the remaining ingredients on it when I thaw it out. Hoping that will work! Enjoy the recipe!!

False

This cake is very rich and decadent.  I remember how I couldn't let it alone and how tight my pants were after I made it-it's a wonder I didn't go into sugar shock.

False

This sounds yummy. Kind of like better than sex cake. I think I''' make it for an upcoming reunion. Thanks for the recipe.

False

I emailed Smuckers and asked about the Milky Way ice cream topping.  They wrote back and said that due to low volume of sales, it has been discontinued.  [:'(]

False

Bump!

This sounds so wonderful. I'm adding it to my list of recipes to try!

False