Leftover Hamburger Patties: What now? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Leftover Hamburger Patties: What now?

Last post Jun 28, 2004 10:38 AM by ZeeRN_PA . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Leftover Hamburger Patties: What now?
    Hubby had a birthday party on Saturday and he grilled over 50 hamburger patties. Now I have a bunch leftover. I had mixed the ground meat with onion soup so they are quite flavorful.

Any recipe ideas? What can I do now with these leftover patties (besides just reheating them as is)?
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"
  • RE: Leftover Hamburger Patties: What now?
    Hi: What I do with left over patties is I put however many I need for a meal in a baking pan, mix a package of dark gravy or use a can of it and dump it in the same pan. Then I bake for about 30 minutes at 350 and serve with veggies and mashed potatoes for a meal. Or you could do the patties that way and forget the veggies and potatoes and make hot hamburger sandwiches and make fries to go with it. Marlene
    False
    Crumble them and freeze. Great for pizza topping, homemade soups, add to cheese dip, or spaghetti sauce. Add some to a pot of dry beans for flavoring. Add to a can of Manwich and make sloppy joes or chili. Great for burrito filling added to refried beans. Having pre cooked ground beef in the freezer is a great time saver.
    False
    You might top with brown gravy after you've reheated them and serve with mashed potatoes and veggies for a nice hot meal.

It may sound strange, but for breakfast there's nothing better than a cold hamburger pattie between bread slices (unless it's cold pizza).
    False
    I like to simmer them in Mushroom soup mixed with an equal amount of water. They get great flavor and the mushroom soup makes the best gravy.
    False
    Like homestyle, I always cruble mine and make chili. Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

You could crumble it up and make a mock stroganoff out of it. Use cream of mushroom soup or make a sauce and serve over noodles. With the onion soup, that would be a good flavor combo...saute green pepper and onion with the crumbled meat....

Amy
    False

Just like leftover meatloaf, it makes great sandwiches. Mash it up with mayo, a touch of mustard and ketchup to taste and have on some great bread or rolls.
    False
    They are great just frozen individually and reheated for hamburgers. They taste like they were just grilled.
    False
    Great ideas! I think I'm going to crumble some for Chili, freeze some to reheat later, and serve some with the gravy (I have a LOT!). Hubby insisted on at least 50 and with all the other food at the party, I just have a lot left over.
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"