Recipe Challenge: Need Recipes using instant oatmeal packets | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe Challenge: Need Recipes using instant oatmeal packets

Last post May 30, 2012 11:57 AM by JaydenandDamiensMommy . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Recipe Challenge: Need Recipes using instant oatmeal packets

A co-worker bought many boxes of instant oatmeal packs that were marked down and she is tired of eating it for breakfast.  She asked me if I had any recipes using them - I told her I knew that my friends would have some good ones!!   please help............. any ideas??

False
  • Re: Recipe Challenge: Need Recipes using instant oatmeal packets

Oatmeal Packet Cookies

1/4 c white sugar
    1/2 c brown sugar

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 c butter, softened

1 tbsp milk

1 egg

6 packets flavored instant oatmeal

1 c flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except flour and oatmeal packets. Stir in flour and oatmeal packets. (The mixture will be sticky due to the milk. If you prefer crisp cookies to chewy ones, eliminate the milk. If you like your cookies chewy and cakey, add an extra tablespoon of milk.)

Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2" apart. Smash the balls down to a thickness of about half an inch.

Bake until light brown, about ten minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet briefly, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies

False

I would use them in any recipe using oats, cookies, muffins, apple crisp, etc... Just yesterday I made muffins using oats and was short about 1/2 cup, I added instant oatmeal till I had the quantity I needed.

False

Apple Crisp

3 1/2 pounds apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    3 packets instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    1 pinch salt
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place apples in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in flour, instant oatmeal and salt. Fold in walnuts. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over apples. Drizzle with maple syrup. Bake in preheated oven 50 to 70 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is golden.

False

False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

I like to add a package to quick breads for a little taste boost.  I use banana or blueberry or peach oatmeal in banana bread.  You could put some in cake mixes too, I would think.

If you have plain oatmeal packs, you could probably use them for crisps and wherever regular oatmeal is used.

False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast

Amazing recipe :) Googled it this morning and my almost 2 year old an i made oatmeal cookies using Cinnamon roll and Apple Cinnamon and i added a Tbsp of Vanilla extract and did the 2 Tbsp of milk, they cooked for 12 min( my oven is off) and came out wonderfully.my son demolished his plate of cookies.

False